Fuel line. Please help!

Chovy03

Established Member
Ok, so I've had to drop the tank multiple times now because my fuel line is splitting inside the tank at the top connection and now it's kinked (fpdc is at 30 at idle) (if that makes sense) what other type of fuel line can I run? Can I manually bend a hard line and use that? Is there stainless steel lines for in tank? I'm getting quite pissed having to constantly do this....any and all help is appreciated. Oh and I'm running twin gt pumps in stock hat. (And please don't give the advice of getting aftermarket fuel hat. I know I know and I plan on it)

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Few quick Q's:
Are you using proper submersible line vs regular fuel line?
Have you noticed any spikes or blown FRPS?
.30 RFS_DTY or .30 FPDC (1 is out of 50, 1 out of 100)?

Chovy03

Established Member
I got tuned last Wednesday. Everything was great. Good pressure, good duty cycle (maxed out at 75%), good air fuel etc...it is the duty cycle that maxes at 50 not 100. No real spikes or anything. Romped it a couple times on the way back from tuning all was good. Then saw it at 30 (so 60% usage) and haven't really driven it at all sense. Fear of being lean. It is submersible fuel line. And I've used 3 different clamps now and every time the lines split at the connector at the top of the hat. Not the Y fitting.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
That's a pretty high DC for idle IMHO, I have FGT pumps a Fore Hat and BAP and pushing 28-30 at idle/cruising on E85 but thats on the 100 scale. Although the BAP is probably bringing it down a little.

I'm not expert though. As for your hose question here's a link with a couple ideas for hardlines, pretty much need rubber hose for connections unless you weld a flare fitting or something on the hat.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...with-PPRV-delete-need-some-pics-of-your-setup

If I were you I'd pick up a old Fore dual hat in the market and a Russell 640690 connector or the like to connect to the stock system. That gives you a lot more flexibility in supply line and wiring plus option for return.

The Fore hat only uses a hose to bridge the connections essentially only 1-2mm of hose that's not supported the connectors pretty much touch. You could do that with the hard line and greatly minimize the risk of split hose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread