• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Fuel mod help for S/C swap.

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by weider1717, Aug 9, 2019.

1. weider1717

weider1717 Member Established Member

Before I get beat up I did already do my research on this and read several times that 17psi doesn't require fuel mods but is the limit. I am hearing different now so I am confused.

I reached out to Lund racing who tuned my car with the stage two setup and I will quote their response:

"PCM doesnt care about those items nor controls it so you are good but being at 17 psi we would need injectors and a BAP to support this with our tune .

If any datalogging happens on a GT500 from 07-10 then it will need a nGauge and Wideband package for us to tune it .

John Nardi"

I am swapping to a VMP Gen 1 TVS with a 2.50" pulley. Of course I have the H/E for it and cai but still on stock plugs and from what I read I had planned on just changing plugs to the 471's gapped at .032 and change the blower and possible re-tune. So, if fuel mods are needed what do you suggest? I don't see me every going above what the stock rods will take as I am not wanting to build my engine if that helps. Also, if I ever wanted to go Whipple 2.9 but still stay at 700rwhp max what fuel mods incase I ever upgrade to that route. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. shelbygt500hoss

shelbygt500hoss Member Established Member

Just some 56lb injectors and a VMP BAP. I make 17-18 PSI no issues at all

me32 likes this.
  3. Kenneth

Kenneth Active Member Established Member

^^ This
    I'm at 18psi. with a Gen 2
    Fuel mods are 56lb. injectors and VMP plug and play boost-a-pump.

Swapping to FIC 1000's in a couple weeks but only because i'm adding BPS NSR cams.

shelbygt500hoss and me32 like this.
  4. weider1717

Thanks guys,

That is looking like the best and cheapest option for this setup. Question is if I were to look into the future and want to be setup for say 750rwhp and a Whipple 2.9 would something like ID725's be a bit better? What would be a slight step up from the 56's and BAP I guess is the question.

What I don't know is does the larger the injector mean worse mileage, I assume so..If thats true you may be right on the best option being 56s and BAP. Also, can you just put 56's without adding a BAP is it just for good security?

5. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Premium Member Established Member

ID 725s would give you more head room and only have to buy injectors once. But they are a lot more expensive than Ford OEM. As to gas mileage, it may not be as miserly as a smaller injector, but ID is know for pretty precise fuel metering.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  6. weider1717

Right, holy hell! I checked the price after I posted that and I had rather not post that much into injectors..Looking like 56's and dual BAP's I like the 56's being a Ford part that was used on the 13-14 I'm sure they will do fine for me. Thanks guys

shelbygt500hoss likes this.
  7. einehund

einehund Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm running 20 psi on 56lbs injectors and VMP boost-a-pump on a Gen2r. Works just fine!

shelbygt500hoss and Nutty 5.0 like this.
  8. weider1717

This along with old posts I have read leads me to believe I really don't need any fuel mods at 17psi boost. Lund says different and how can I question what a tuner like that says but I have read many at 17psi with no fuel mods maybe it is for a warm fuzzy..

9. sleek98

sleek98 Well-Known Member Established Member

It’s might be for some extra head room.

I have always ran id1000. But once cry once. I have taken them to over 750 whp on e85 with my old setup

However. For the safety I would do a bap and 56s since they are pretty cheap 500 used.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    shelbygt500hoss likes this.
  10. Mainn

Mainn Member Established Member

Gen I VMP TVS, 2.50" pulley, JLT 123mm intake set up here. Stock fuel system - no injectors or BAP. Fuel pump duty cycle is up there, but no running lean. Can understand why Lund wouldn't want to risk it - but it can be done.

weider1717 likes this.
  11. oneof185

oneof185 Active Member Established Member

I basically have the same question, so thought maybe this would be an issue for OP too....maybe not, but I have a '11 with the 13/14 TVS, 2.4 and 10% IW OD.
    I was told by one tuner 56lb and a BAP would be fine or FIC1000 but then another tuner said I need a BAP with the FIC1000 and NGK TR6 gapped @ 0.28"

I wanted to go the cheaper route but thought bap/56lb was about the same as the injectors but I've read kind of conflicting reviews on the FIC, so i'd prefer Ford 56lb and the BAP but I cannot seem to find 56lb, everything points to 52lb? Also the BAP I had thought I ran across the plug and play but then thought I read it didn't fit the GT500 and was for the GT?

You have part #'s or where I can get the 56lb and the plug and play BAP?

12. merkyworks

merkyworks Well-Known Member Established Member

13. einehund

einehund Well-Known Member Established Member

IIRC, the 56# injectors from Ford are listed as MU52. I thought it was weird when I bought mine, but was told they are the 56# ones by multiple different tuners.

Nutty 5.0 likes this.
  14. oneof185

Thanks guys.

That is odd as that refers to 52’s and they say the 13/14 GT500 but like on American Muscle, they say they won’t fit the 2011.

15. Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0 Well-Known Member Established Member

Yeah it’s confusing when I was gathering parts for the same swap. Apparently it’s the different stock fuel pressures run between Coyote and 5.4/5.8: 52 vs 56#? Someone here should be able to confirm.

But agree the MU52 is what you want. Pricing varies widely. These are pretty affordable:
    52 LB fuel injectors M-9593-MU52

16. slo984now

slo984now AKA 01yellerCobra Established Member

A lot of that depends on the tuner. I ran 80lb injectors in the past and still knocked down close to 20mpg on the freeway. I spent a lot of time dialing that in though.

me32 likes this.
  17. decipha

decipha Active Member Established Member

back in 2009 my sisters focus had a bad injector. Since 80s are the smallest I stock and I had a brand new set I swapped them in and she picked up 3 mpg's with nothing more than the injector data plugged in.

18. oneof185

19. Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0 Well-Known Member Established Member

Guessing the VMP (VMP-ENF012) one from them is plug and play and the LMR (Item #VMP-AMPPNP
    MPN# AMPPNP)

I'd give VMP or LMR a call. LMR may just sell the one that you need to wire in just to keep less inventory. Having a BAP from VMP with the PNP, It is two harnesses and maybe why the large jump in price.

20. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Premium Member Established Member

The mustang only has one fuel pump, so only one booster. You need the boosters for the GT500, which has two fuel pumps and two boosters.