fuel pressure/fuel pump

TOWGUNNER

Established Member
Ok well have couple of questions. First me and a buddy of mine were installing a gt40 pump on my 2004 mach 1. What is the fuel pressure suppose to be? We deleted the check valve. Should it hold pressure when you turn the key on? It wasnt holding any pressure. It would go up to about 32 then drop quickly as soon as the pump would stop. We started it and I drove it home. Now the check engine light came on and the fuel gauge reads past the E mark and I just filled it up so its full. Check engine light is on and so is the fuel light. The check engine code I recieved was P0462 which read fuel level ack t low input. Anyone help us out here. The car has P1SC procharger with the GT40 pump.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
All that check valve does is hold fuel pressure in the line when you turn the pump off. Did you replumb the pump so it will fill the fuel bowl? When I put a GT pump in my car I had to replumb the fuel lines in the tank. Now about the fuel gauge you probably bent it or disconnected something. Drop the tank down and look at it again.

TOWGUNNER

Established Member
yeah i'll bet thats what it is i'll check this weekend when it dries up over here. just had crap load of rain past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread