fuel pressure gauge prob.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Well ive had my lunar boost and fuel pressure gauge on for a while now and my fuel pressure gauge has been screwed up since I got it. At first we thought it was wiring in the back of the gauge since it got a little messed up during the install. But after a call to autometer they sent me a new wiring harness for it (free of charge I might add :rockon: ) and needless to say it still is messed up. All it does is sit at 100. It doesnt move at all. Any ideas on how to fix it? Ive tried to ask around but the only thing I can figure is the sender is still messed up. Any ideas???

ALA G8R

Banned
My phantom electric FP gauge always goes to zero to calibrate and then to the proper pressure.

When the gauge is turned on, if your gauge calibrates to zero and then goes to 100psi, I would suspect the sender after changing out the wiring.

If the gauge never moves off of 100psi, I would suspect the gauge itself. First, make sure there is power getting to the gauge and that is is properly grounded.

Last edited:

mosconiac

Established Member
ShelbyGuy: What are the "rest of the parts"? I've looked for a kit (even just a mount for the sensor) and Autometer seems to have nothing. Autometer recommends remote mounting, but depends on the user to come up with a solution.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
you did buy the rest of the parts to mount the sending unit on the firewall instead of on the fuel rail, right?
????? huh? The only thing I had to buy that want included in the kit was a adapter for the fuel rail.

Users who are viewing this thread