Fuel pressure guage

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I just installed my Autometer Fuel pressure guage and I was wondering what kind of fuel pressure my car should be putting out. I don't know if the guage is correct or not. At an idle, the guage is showing 95 to 100psi. This doesn't seem right to me. Am I wrong? I am running the stock fuel pump with a Kenne Bell BAP.

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
I just installed my Autometer Fuel pressure guage and I was wondering what kind of fuel pressure my car should be putting out. I don't know if the guage is correct or not. At an idle, the guage is showing 95 to 100psi. This doesn't seem right to me. Am I wrong? I am running the stock fuel pump with a Kenne Bell BAP.

That seems way high. Mine is 36 ish psi at idle and I have a 255 fuel pump with a Kenne Bell boostapump. At full throttle it hits around 45 ish.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Did you send the sender back to AM for a new one or did you just buy a new one? Those things aren't cheap.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I had one. I have a guage that reads 30lbs max and the one that I installed reads 100lbs max. Apparently, I got the sending units mixed up.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
36 -38 psi at idle for me. No way you could be at 90+. I would be shocked if your fuel system could even handle 75 psi without breaking or blowing fuel out somewhere???

C.K.

Established Member
Idle for me is just above 20 PSI and WOT is around 45 PSI. Normal driving is between 30 and 31 PSI.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread