Fuel pressure problem

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
So I just finished my car last night after a long winter build. I'm having a problem getting fuel pressure.

whats done to the fuel system is
upgraded -8 feed line, still returnless
Twin ford gt pumps in stock cobra hat
80lb injectors
Dual fpdm

so the pumps turn on, I can hear them loud an clear. I disconnected the line at the rails an purged the pumps an nothing came out. I could hear bubbling/gurgling coming from the tank so maybe the polarity on the pumps was reversed. I switched that and purged the pumps again an filled up a mason jar full of fuel an figured it was fixed. The car still would not start. It almost did once but died right away. So I disconnected the line again an now nothing will come out when I prime the pumps.

Why would it work at first but now nothing?
my tune is in a few weeks an would like to solve this as quickly as possibly so the car has the kinks worked out before the tune

any input or sense of direction is appreciated

I'm going to drop the tank an pull the hat an see if maybe a line popped off but would like to avoid doing that if I can

Wildman113

Established Member
The PCM determines the fuel pump duty cycle base on the fuel rail pressure. If the Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) sensor is reading biased (too high in this case) the PCM will not provide additional fuel pressure, which will lead to a crank no-start condition. Unplugging the FRP sensor and then trying to start it is a good way to test for a faulty FRP sensor. If it starts, replace the sensor and re-evaluate.

If it still won't start and the fuel pumps can be heard running with no fuel coming out at the rails, this indicates a pinched/restricted fuel like, or a damaged line at the fuel pumps inside of the tank.

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
Okay thanks I'm goin to try unplugging the sensor an see what happens
An then I'll drop the tank an recheck every thing

Am I right with the wiring though? I reversed the polarity on both pumps an the gurgling stopped so I'm assuming yes?

I guess I could set the hat in a bucket of fuel an see what happens too

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
It ended up being a line popped off one of the pumps
Car is running healthy now
Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread