Fuel Pressure Regulator problem

Blown347

Established Member
yesterday while driving my car cruising i had a hard single studar but finished cruising to the house ok. When i stopped it stumbled a little and died. Would not restart. After looking it over i had fuel coming out of the vacuum side of my division x regulator and filled my boost line up with fuel. My FRPS is deleted and i have the budget return kit from Lethal. What is going on and what should i do? I know fuel should not be coming from that port when everything is working right. My guess is a diaphragm broken inside? Would this also be the reason my car is not starting? Spark plugs were dry. I would think fuel is still getting to the injectors before the regulator but doesnt seem like its getting any fuel. No smell or anything but i have pressure on the gauge.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would contact manufacturer of that regulator and see what they say.

Blown347

Established Member
there should not be fuel coming out of the vacuum port so something inside is bad. Not sure what caused this. I take it this is why my car will not start because its acting as if a FRPS is blown on a stock setup.

Blown347

Established Member
could someone tell me if this caused the problem? I also just changed my upper pulley to make more boost but kept it on the previous tune. Afr was about the same and so was the boost on the top end. Pulley just spiked higher at the hit. Could doing this have blown the diaphragm in the regulator?

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I had a div x regulator go bad and It wouldn't hold fuel pressure at wot. Replaced it with a Fore unit and all is well. I suggest you do the same.

Blown347

Established Member
I had a div x regulator go bad and It wouldn't hold fuel pressure at wot. Replaced it with a Fore unit and all is well. I suggest you do the same.

i thought about doing that but already bought another replacement. Which regulator did you get from Fore? Will i be able to use my adapter for the stock rails like the Div x has?

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
I don't think the extra vac / fuel pressure would cause any issues. Maybe the Div X one has a lower limit, but the Fore one is rated to 250psi. Even if the DivX ones could only take say 100psi limit, don't think a supercharged Cobra is going to go near that, unless you are running an insanely high base pressure. Barring any extreme errors you made when installing the regulator, it probably failed on it's own and I would hope that DivX would stand by their product and get a new one out to you so long as it has been a reasonable time since you installed it.

If you go with Fore, I believe the F2i is the one most people go with.

Last edited:

Blown347

Established Member
I don't think the extra vac / fuel pressure would cause any issues. Maybe the Div X one has a lower limit, but the Fore one is rated to 250psi. Even if the DivX ones could only take say 100psi limit, don't think a supercharged Cobra is going to go near that, unless you are running an insanely high base pressure. Barring any extreme errors you made when installing the regulator, it probably failed on it's own and I would hope that DivX would stand by their product and get a new one out to you so long as it has been a reasonable time since you installed it.

If you go with Fore, I believe the F2i is the one most people go with.

i had to go through Lethal. Had to purchase a new one because warranty was up on the original one.

Blown347

Established Member
got the regulator swapped out last night and still wouldnt fire up. Turns over as if the crank sensor was unplugged (from experience lol). i pulled one plug and it was dry and looked like it was never wet. What is the best way to check for spark on these cars?

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So your 100% sure there is fuel pressure up to the engine? My fuel regulator gauge is NEVER accurate. Heat makes them go bad. Did you ever check for engine codes?

Blown347

Established Member
After testing and realizing I didn't have spark I tried the crankshaft sensor. Fired right up. The old sensor had a crack on the part that has the magnet on it. Any idea what could have caused that?

Users who are viewing this thread