fuel pump - fpdm wire upgrade questions

bergs

Established Member
can you only do the wire upgrade from the battery to the fpdm and not do anything from the fpdm to the pump? Will this help drop duty cycle? Or is it a must to continue the wiring down to the hat? I don't like how i've seen it done online with those clamp on connectors at the fuel pump hat. seems like a shitty connection that really just bottle necks the wiring. I want to do the wire upgrade first before deciding on getting a BAP. My set up is most bolt ons, P1SC making 10 pounds of boost, 42 lb/hr injectors and walbro 290 lph fuel pump from lethal performance

bergs

Established Member
I basically want to run the fused 10 gauge wire from the fuse block to a relay in the trunk and wire the fpdm to that. Then later on add a boost a pump to the relay and stock wire going to the pump.

CalBoy101

Established Member
The longest wire run is from the battery to the inertia switch and then to the FPDM.

By going from the battery fuse post to a relay close to the FPDM and then to the FPDM you upgrade that long wiring run plus get rid of any voltage drop across the inertia switch.

By also upgrading the wiring from the FPDM to the pump hat to the pump you will see some additional improvement but its a shorter wire length so you won't see as much improvement as that longer first wiring run.

You should also check both the FPDM connector and the pump connector that's right above the back of the tank for corrosion. My tank connector had some nasty green corrosion on it, I cleaned the male pins with a mini-file and WD40 and used a paper clip to clean out the female pins.

Users who are viewing this thread