Fuel pump issues after 03 cobra install

Bostard

Established Member
I just installed the tank from and 03 cobra and focus pumps in my novicharged 99 Cobra. As soon as I installed it I've been having problems. It has a very intermittent problem with blowing the fuel pump fuse. If the fuse does hold it still appears to be sending an intermittent power signal to the pumps. I am wondering if I am having problems with the FPDM. I have checked and rechecked the wiring to ensure nothing is pinched or shorting. Anyone run across something like this before?

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Did you upgrade the FPDM? I would recomend it. Your drawing alot more amperage now. The wireing to the pump might need an upgrade as well.

UCBeau

i think it's a Fuel Pump Driver Module?
google "MJChip" and his site should come up, the guy mods them to run higher drawing pumps

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I would highly recommend both the modded FPDM and the wire upgrade from the battery to the FPDM and from the FPDM to the pumps.

Bostard

Established Member
Ok. I have installed the upgraded FPDM and wiring upgrade along to support the bap and focus pumps. On the terminators you are supposed to splice to the green/yellow wire before the FPDM. The only problem is there is no green/yellow wire going to the FPDM. With a test light attached to the pink/black wire I find it is the one that powers momentarily with the ignition switch. I assume this is the wire I should be splicing into for the bap and wiring upgrades. Any input?

RoyWoods

Established Member
Bostard said:
Ok. I have installed the upgraded FPDM and wiring upgrade along to support the bap and focus pumps. On the terminators you are supposed to splice to the green/yellow wire before the FPDM. The only problem is there is no green/yellow wire going to the FPDM. With a test light attached to the pink/black wire I find it is the one that powers momentarily with the ignition switch. I assume this is the wire I should be splicing into for the bap and wiring upgrades. Any input?

Our pink/black wire is the equivalent of the green/yellow wire on the Terminators. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread