Fuel pump question

LSwat

Established Member
Taking my car into Ford today for the TSB 10-21-3 which is a fuel pump module issue. The solution listed in the TSB is to replace the fuel pump module. If it does in fact need to be replaced, my question is this.

Does the GT500 or Boss have a better fuel pump then the GT?

If so, is it feasible that I pay the difference and they install the better fuel pump for mods down the road?

Anyone ever had anything like this done under warrenty?

Entrenched

Established Member
Taking my car into Ford today for the TSB 10-21-3 which is a fuel pump module issue. The solution listed in the TSB is to replace the fuel pump module. If it does in fact need to be replaced, my question is this.

Does the GT500 or Boss have a better fuel pump then the GT?

If so, is it feasible that I pay the difference and they install the better fuel pump for mods down the road?

Anyone ever had anything like this done under warrenty?

I could be wrong but I think the GT500 still has an FRPS on the rail while the GT uses a regulator in the fuel tank. The gas tanks are the same and I'm pretty sure the GT500 pump would bolt in. Don't know what else it would take to use it but someone could make some money if they figure out how to make this work.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
The tank between the 2011+ GT and GT500 are different, as well as the fuel pump modules. The GT500 has a dual pump setup and is an electronicly controlled returnless system, where as the GT has a single pump design, and has an internal regulator that mechanically controls the fuel pressure.

What kind of mods are you planning for down the road? Unless you are looking for 600-650+ at the rear wheel, then the stock pump is fine. We have a customer who's car has been 9.80s on stock motor/6AT/fuel system.

Users who are viewing this thread