Fuel Pump Voltage

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Can anyone help me out with this? I was only getting 11.5 volts to the FPDM from the CCRM for some reason. I have now ran a 8g wire from the battery to a relay controlled by the DG/YW from the CCRM. Now I have 13+ volts to the FPDM. When I check the volts going to the pumps from the FPDM it read 12.0 to 12.3 volts. Should the pumps be getting full 13+ volts all the time? Another thing that I noticed was that when I checked voltage again across the relay connections the voltage would drop and raise between 12.5 and 13.4 volts, would this be a indication that the alternator is not charging correctly?

Engine runs strong but hunts some what like a diesel, SCT data log says that the pumps are maxed in duty cycle and voltage is reading 12.2 or lower.

Background info: 2V to 4V conversion, complete OEM 2V wiring w/ modified wiring to the FPDM to match 03 Cobra (dual DG/YW dual wires from CCRM to FPDM and dual wires from the FPDM to the fuel pumps).

FPDM also heats up and shuts the pumps off and on. Any suggestions on if I should do the dual FPDM mod? :shrug: :poke: :read:

Users who are viewing this thread