Fuel Pump went out today

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Well my fuel pump went out today. I can hear the relay clicking but can't get any fuel pressure or hear the pump running. Had to buy a $270 fuel pump assembly from Ford (pump, basket, sender, wiring, etc.) so I can get my car up and running. Hated to pay that much for the parts I didn't need but it's all they had in stock and I need my car running. Going to be replacing it tomorrow morning, along with making my sequential turnsignals with snakeye's info.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
There are very few parts I would use from a parts store. Most of their parts are cheap and don't last long in my experience. My factory fuel pump lasted over 100k miles so I went with what I know works.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
badass98svt said:
NAPA makes some great stuff though.

Napa is an exception but the closest one would have been closed by the time I got there (across town). The Ford dealership is about 5 mins away.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
About half full. I had two friends helping me lower it but even so it wasn't very heavy. Hardest part was trying to get the fuel filler neck out. It seems like there's a foot of it in the tank. I also replaced that seal while I was back there.

96cobrakid

Established Member
You could got away with just replacing the pump itself, not the whole basket deal. But glad to hear you got it going again. I helped my buddy do his 94GT fuel pump today. I have done a fuel pump installa t least 5 or 6 times, its cake

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
96cobrakid said:
You could got away with just replacing the pump itself, not the whole basket deal.
Im sure he knows that. He also stated thats the only piece they had IN STOCK, and he needs his car every day.

Got any info on the SEQ lights Josh?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I have the info snakeyes gave me, I could email it to you if you want it.

I constructed the boards but haven't wired them into the tail lights yet.

Users who are viewing this thread