Fuel Pump!

99 svtcobra

Hey guys,

So once again my fuel pump went out on me. I had a new one put in 2 years ago. So anyways I feel like my fuel gage is not working right. I have put about 100 miles on the car since and the meter hasn't moved at all.:shrug: I was wondering if that censor is on the fuel pump itself? Could it be a good fuel pump but just a bad censor? Any help

Cobrafan

01 Venom

Established Member
ya the sender is on the pump assembly, its like a float with an arm. It could be bad, when I did my tank swap mine stopped working to, I have not fixed it yet.

Take the tank back down and see if it got stuck or something

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
like 01 venom said, the float arm is on the pump assembly. when was the last time the assembly was out? 2 years ago? was it working fine until now? the only thing that wold cause it to read full is if the float got caught on something up top but i cant imagine what it could be caught on.

99 svtcobra

Damn after writing on this i went home after class and the damn car acted like it did when i needed a fuel pump.. Towed it to the dealer and just my luck its another bad fuel pump. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON

cobrafan

99 svtcobra

My mechanic told me that the fpdm is pushing at 114 percent. Which he said is maxing out the fuel pump... He said that the censor that controls how much fuel goes to the actual pump is bad. This censor also tells your meter when the tank is full or empty. So what happened was that the censor told me the computer that I had no fuel which caused me to stall out. This sucks!

cobrafan

Users who are viewing this thread