Fuel Rail Adapters

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Does anybody know if the fuel rail fittings (stock rail) on the L are the same size at the Mustangs'? I other words - if I buy the 5.0 style rail adapters, can they be plugged into the L fuel rail to allow aftermarket lines with AN fittings to be used?

Also - any ideas on adapting the stock tank pickup for AN hose end connections? My first through is stainless male AN fittings TIG'ed onto the stock tube, but I'm hoping their may be an easier way.

Thanks,
Herb

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I have thought about this as well. The adapters, -4 and -6 can be had from summit for @ $8 each and I'd imagine they will fit the fuel rail. I was thinking of trying to connect into the the outlet side of the pumps outside the tanks and use an inline filter or connect to the outlet side of the stock filter and leave the return line stock. I may not even mess with it though due to there being many 10 second L's out there with stock lines and rails.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
I've seen many in 10's on stock rails, but with 60# injectors I like the idea of the reserve capacity of the larger lines. I would consider the rails too, if there weren't so ridiculously priced. I figure that now woud be the perfect time for new lines, as EVERYTHING is out from under the truck. I may just take the stock rail to a local shop and try the adapters. If I go that route, I can always easily upgrade to rails later if desired. I still need to install the new pumps, so I'll fiddle with the pickup tube at that point.

Thanks,
Herb

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
As long as you have sufficient fuel pressure and supply I don't think the stock rails will starve the 60's, I have them and have no issues.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
saw somewhere that the 05 150 rails were bigger and a bolt on rail. i am pretty sure that the mustang rails (stock) will not fit cause the fitting (/stock) are different sizes. fittings from the fuel line that is

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
I'll dig into that Mike. I may even have a 5.0 fuel rail in storage (to compare) fom the 5.0 days of yore. Makes perfect sense to upgrade the lines now as the stock stuff is already out. It would be just as easy to put bigger lines back in instead of the stockers.

Herb

Users who are viewing this thread