Fuel Setup Questions (for returnless)

RickieFrat

Established Member
Ok ... I got a 96 GT with the return fuel setup. Bout couple months ago I installed a 2002 engine out of a convert. The motor was complete with everything needed. The motor that was in the car was tired from excessive nitrous use and the famed intake crack. I got a really good deal on the 02 engine so I went with that instead of dishing out $$ on the 96 block.

Well with the new block installed, I had to swap over some parts from the 96 motor for it to work. Like the coil packs, sensors, and the fuel rails.

I still have all the parts from the 02 engine that I took off. My plan is to change the CPU and put everything on the engine that was on it when I got it.

My buddy that sold me the engine said that he didn't have the CPU but had the fuel tank and pump for it. He told me that it would be needed for the returnless setup.

My questions here are ....

1) Would the tank bolt right up in place of the other.
2) Will the connectors work with what I have now to make the pump function.
3) Do I need to replace the line going from the tank to the new fuel rails.

Thanks in advance for the help !!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The tank is a swap.
The fuel pump connections should work.
You do not have to change the lines from the tank. They should still be the same size.
Your computer isn't going to like the returnless setup. You maybe able to fix that with tuning, I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread