fuel system help

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
how far will the stock fuel system take you? ive got a JLT cold air and a off road exhaust, thats it for the truck...can it handle 14#s of boost? i just ordered a predator n a 6lb lower n gonna take n get it tuned at a shop around here as soon as the parts go on...how safe should i be?

Last edited:

silver01litin

Established Member
I have 4lbs lower, CA, throttle body, c&l plenum, no cats, catback and made 375hp/475tq to the wheels and have all stock fuel system and did not have a problem. you mite have to upgrade the 155 pumps to the 255's. unless you go bigger with other stuff.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
what are the horsepower limits of the stock system? i tried searching, but i got nothin but fuel system upgrades. im not trying to go that radical with the truck yet.

dr matt: what kind of drop ya got? truck looks good

Last edited:

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Stock fuel system power level limit varies by how the power is made. If you swap to a tin screw vs. spray it vs. heads/cams & pulley. Completely stock systems should be safe to at least a little over 400 RWHP but some have pushed it a lot farther. Once beyond that though it is a good idea to upgrade pumps and injectors.

My drop is a FRPP kit with the isolators left out in front and one leaf removed from the rear spring pack.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Stock fuel system power level limit varies by how the power is made. If you swap to a tin screw vs. spray it vs. heads/cams & pulley. Completely stock systems should be safe to at least a little over 400 RWHP but some have pushed it a lot farther. Once beyond that though it is a good idea to upgrade pumps and injectors.

My drop is a FRPP kit with the isolators left out in front and one leaf removed from the rear spring pack.

+1

Also you can have your tune checked if you can datalog and I believe you can see your fuel pump duty cycle and see if they're maxed or being close to being maxed. Watch your MAF too... if you max that out plan on buying a new block.

Users who are viewing this thread