fuel system question for turbo

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Ok so I guess Im gonna go ahead and order this hellion turbo kit and put it on my stock motor for now, unless I can sell this longblock soon. I wanna keep my costs down for now until Im ready to do the motor. So my question is , how much boost can I run and how much power can I make with my current fuel system ?

60lb. injectors
Twin Focus Pumps
MJChip FPDM

I dont have a BAP and Im using the SCT2400 MAF. I'm thinkin when I do the motor I will just get the turbo swapped on the built motor and do the bigger downpipe then plus the rails, lines, GT pumps, etc....
Would I be able to make close to 700 at the wheels with this fuel system ? Would a BAP help get me there or should I avoid the BAP all together ?

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Hows it the wrong forum JB ?
FR03 I know thats what I need if I wanna go all out, but I was hoping I could get by for now with what I have ya know. I wouldnt be turnin up the power on the stock motor anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I know Modular Powerhouse tuned a 88mm turbo cobra that only had focus pumps, 60# injectors and a BAP. I even talked to the owner and the shop .....how they pulled that off tho is beyond me. If only I could sell my focus pumps, maybe theyd make a decent paperweight. Id really hate to waste my money on a BAP knowin that by winter time Im gonna upgrade the fuel system and do the motor too.

fr03cobra

Established Member
well focus pumps are one step up from the cobra pumps and on the bap the cobra pumps go along way. I've seen turbo guys use gt pumps and the bap.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
part of me wants to do the fuel system now but then Im afraid I'll be turnin up the boost too high on my stock motor. Looks like its gonna be winter when I get to do the motor build. Thinkin I wanna use Al P. but hes so busy during race season, winters prolly a better time plus money is a factor.

I do have a hookup on the pumps but not the BAP, should I just get the pumps now or will that not help me out unless I use the BAP with them ? I know for sure I wont be doin the rails and lines till I do the motor.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I was just messin with ya, but yeah, the turbo forum is for........

turbo stuff :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread