Fuel system upgrade for a TS

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
So I'm about to install a twin screw on my car and I'm a little confused on what to do for my fuel system. I've been researching multiple sites and there is a lot of different opinions and my head is spinning with confusion, I have a headache :nonono:

I bought a 2.75 pulley=19#'s, 3.25=15#'s, and a 3.50=13#'s, I'm only looking to make 550-600rwhp and nothing more, not looking for room to grow to 700 etc. This is a 99.9% street car, not raced even on the street (I'm an old man with 4 kids :lol1:)

Here's what researching has told me
60# injectors
MAFia or BA2800
Accufab SBTB
High boost CAI

Now this is were the confusion sets in....do I need

KB 40amp BAP stock pumps or twin GT40 pumps?Or dual Focus pumps?
PPRV delete?
Modified FPDM or Dual modified FPDM's?
Aftermarket fuel hat?
-8 fuel line to the rails?

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
to be honest with you all i think you need is a bap, mafia and at least 60 lbs. fuel injectors. that's what i have on my car right now. i just installed a kb 2.4 last weekend and all i'm waiting for is a tune. today i drove it around untuned but was safe. with a 3.25" upper and 4 lbs. lower i feel confident that i will have enough fuel. with my pulley combo i should produce 18-21 psi which should produce the numbers that you are shooting for. hope this helps

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
Ok I'll be safe with a BAP,60's,Mafia - will it be ok to run the 19# pulley or should I stay with the 13 or 15? I plan on getting it tuned for 93oct or should I have it tuned for 110?

I'm not afraid to spend the money, I just don't want overkill fuel system that I will never put to it's potential

My 96 was soooo easy when it came to the fuel system... pretty basic, high flow intank with a high flow inline pusher,60's, Aeromotive FPR and that was it

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
i believe 19 psi will be ok with the supporting mods we suggested anything higher than that you might want at least gt pumps, upgraded fpdm and wire upgrade to the bap and from the fpdm to the pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread