Fuel system

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Currently working on an e85 tune on my truck, 60lb/hr injectors were done at 4700rpm so i went to 80's they are great for the street tune at 13psi. But we tried to make a race tune and the 80's were pettering out at a mere 15psi and 4500rpm so much for 17-18psi.

So my question is, is anyone running bigger than 80's on the stock ecu on a truck that would be street driven. my truck is currently my DD. Also I am afraid that the injectors are not the problem at this point but the stock lines, rails and 255 pumps are maybe the restriction.

There are alot more guys on the "lrodder" site that are built and run e85, but im banned there. I really dont want to re do the fuel system ever. If I was to buy a set of the new 105lb/hr injectors? Would this help or like I fear is the other parts of the fuel system my issue?

BTW, truck is knocking on the door for 600hp and 600 tq at only 13psi and 16* timing (these numbers are approx. I need to go see Dante tonight and get the complete dl as it this was a quick phone discussion

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
80's are PLENTY big enough for whatever power you'll ever make. You need to upgrade the lines/rails, twin 255's are more than enough.

See my thread on upgrading fuel lines on the cheap. ;-) No reason to pay 1600 for a fuel system.

Still on 60# injectors here and have run 24+ psi without issues, gasoline only so far.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
You need 80lb injectors? Seems strange, I have 80's but no need yet.

are you running e85? remember e85 requires 20-30% or more fuel for the same power. and yes after switching from 60's to 80's it only gained me a couple hundred rpm before the truck started to run lean again. so its likely the lines and rails are the issue

Users who are viewing this thread