Fuel

MTR8R

Established Member
I am having trouble finding 93 Octane fuel here in the SF Bay Area. What are most of you out there running in your GT350's ?

65sohc

Established Member
I don't think I've ever seen 93 octane in CA. I'm still hoping to hear some feedback on the Lund Flex Fuel tune. It's been more than two months since they announced it but I've yet to read a single customer post about it. Ditto the JTL CAI.

Helmet

Established Member
I don't think I've ever seen 93 octane in CA. I'm still hoping to hear some feedback on the Lund Flex Fuel tune. It's been more than two months since they announced it but I've yet to read a single customer post about it. Ditto the JTL CAI.

TeamBeefCake has a Flex fuel tune for a $100.00 upcharge

65sohc

Established Member
TeamBeefCake has a Flex fuel tune for a $100.00 upcharge

I know. They showed imprssive results when they announced it back in December. That's why I'm puzzled that no one on the forums is talking about it.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I run 91 and the car put down 472 rwhp with only 200 miles.

You don't hear a lot of people talking about tunes because most of us aren't excited about voiding our warranties just yet. That's my .02

MTR8R

Established Member
I might be over worrying this, but the GT350 Supplement showed a required 91 Octane and a recommended 93. Just trying to do the best thing for my engine in the long run and also get the best performance out of it. Seems to be a debate out there regarding the choice between mixing 100 Octane with 91 Octane to get 93 vs using an octane booster. Any thoughts ?

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I might be over worrying this, but the GT350 Supplement showed a required 91 Octane and a recommended 93. Just trying to do the best thing for my engine in the long run and also get the best performance out of it. Seems to be a debate out there regarding the choice between mixing 100 Octane with 91 Octane to get 93 vs using an octane booster. Any thoughts ?
Octane booster only boosts octane by tenths, not even full points.

conceptmachine

Established Member
All we have around here is 91 premium, no ethanol. Every state around us carries 93 non E, it seems.

93 ethanol makes a huge difference over 91 non ethanol. I get detonation running the 91 (in my GT500), even with a 91 tune. With the 93 ethanol, no detonation and runs super strong. Problem is, there is only 1 place that sells 93 ethanol in my area, thank goodness they are fairly close. 91 I just use for storing over winter. Then run it out and put the 93 E in it, being sure to go thru whatever is in the tank, within a couple weeks. Too bad we all don't have 93 premium. Oh well! I'll make it work.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
You can get 94/96/98/100 at the pump in Sunol (off 680). but that sa bit out of your way. I take it you are going to fill up with 100 at the base of hwy 9?

Most of the dyno graphs on 91 look to be very healthy with no real indication that the ECU is pulling timing, so im not too worried about it, but im also considering trying to baseline the car 91 vs 94. 94 is almost $5/gallon

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Same here. 91 is about all I ever see when out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread