Fueling question for 2011 w/TVS

frodaddyweez

Established Member
Hey guys, I recently installed a 13/14 TVS takeoff with a 2.4" pulley and JLT 123MM intake. I already had a catless H-pipe installed and that rounds off my list of power mods.

My main reason for going this route is that i did not want to mess with fueling mods just yet. While researching here and the other forums, it seemed that the 2011s were able to get close to 700whp without needing fueling upgrades.

After a few logs being sent to my tuner, it seems that i'm maxing out my fuel pump duty cycle at 4800rpms on up. I hadn't replaced the fuel filter since i got the car and it's at 25k miles, so i did that earlier this week at my tuner's recommendation. Haven't done another log since (weather has been nonstop rain down here), but i'm not holding my breath.

My main question is would swapping in 13/14 injectors help lower the fuel pump duty cycle? Or would that only help IDC? I have seen some people only upgrade the injectors and get away with that. I'm mainly looking at a simpler and cheaper solution, if possible.

Any input is appreciated.

jml1521

Established Member
I'm running a similar setup on my 07 with the 13/14 injectors. I would say at a minimum to do the injectors

enormous

Established Member
It is always advisable to change your fuel filter on a reasonable basis and before your dyno session to get a true injector duty cycle reading. 700rwhp on stock injectors with your boosted fuel pump voltage is risky the way I see it. My 08 saw my stock duty cycle maxed out with stock injectors, BAP, 2.4" pulley on a 13/14 TVS at 680 rwhp.
Adding 56# injectors would certainly see you safely at 700 rwhp.

frodaddyweez

Established Member
Thanks for the quick replies guys. So it looks like i'll have to upgrade the injectors regardless. Hopefully i won't have to do the BAP anytime soon. I wanted to see if i could get away with a TB upgrade later this year and that should be it with power mods.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'm not using a BAP, my tuner doesn't like or recommend them so I'm on stock pumps and 13/14 injectors making around 670 rwhp with no issues. Any more mods and my tuner recommends the Aeromotive pumps, there's a thread here talking about them but my tuner is the one that figured out how to make them fit and work.

Blackmax

Established Member
I'm not using a BAP, my tuner doesn't like or recommend them so I'm on stock pumps and 13/14 injectors making around 670 rwhp with no issues. Any more mods and my tuner recommends the Aeromotive pumps, there's a thread here talking about them but my tuner is the one that figured out how to make them fit and work.

I happen to have a barely used set of 325's in a 2008 GT500 hat. Check it out and let me know .

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
325's are what you need and is what i have with 80lbs injectors.I Plenty of room left dont, remember the duty cycle. The 11's have a sort of built in bap . Your tuner will need to adjust the tune for the 325's and you will have to trim a little plastic for fitment.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Similar mods to you but with a vmp twin jet tb as well, 17v BAP and 13/14 injectors and pump duty cycle is 84%...car puts down 666. Blackmax's pumps would be a great idea for you

frodaddyweez

Established Member
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely look into those pumps. I got some 56# injectors ordered so I want to see how the car responds to those first and then go from there. Power-wise, it feels really good and i like where it is at. But being able to swap the TB and a ported elbow so easily may get harder to ignore as the weeks go by.

Users who are viewing this thread