Full Length Subframe Connectors...Steeda vs MM?

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
I have an appointment to get my pulley swapped and a tune on the 19th. My tuner can't get the maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors in time (they are backordered). He can get steeda full length subframe connectors by then. Cost is the same. I would like to get all of the work done at the same time as long as i am down there...

My question is: Is there a difference between the two? (quality, effectiveness, etc). Should i wait for the MM or is steeda virtually the same?

Thanks for your help

Bryan

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Get the MM, top notch, the Steeda full lengths are new, they kinda looked like they just copied the MMs.

SilVert

Established Member
i Have the MM Full Lengths. i love them... granted iv never had a mustang before this one to compair.

Yes they do look similar, but in Steeda's defence.. it may just be the best design possible(i love MM, so it hard for me to defend Steeda ;))

Last edited:

FKing1

Established Member
I looked at both when having mine installed. Didn't see much diff and went for the Steeda zinc plated as they cost a bit less at the shop doing my mods. I think either are very good.
Fred K.

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Thanks for the help, guys.

Maybe if i get the Steeda SFC i will have 2 steeda things...i think that rates the big STEEDA decal on my front window and bragging rights that my car "ain't never been beat" and is the "greatest thing since sliced bread"

I am not sure if there is a big enough difference other than brand loyalty.

Thanks again for the responses

Bryan

Jay03GT

Established Member
I've got the Steeda full length ones on both the GT and Cobra. My buddy has the MM full length. Side by side they are nearly identical. The only thing with the Steeda I like better is they have a plate that you weld to the torque box, helps tie all 3 pieces of the torque box together. A known inherent weakness in our cars.

03Cobra745

Originally posted by rdrkt171
wonderin' if you guys considered the Kenny Brown subframes or if there is a reason they got left out

I was just thinking the same thing, as I'm considering the Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix.

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
The only kenne brown SFCs i saw were not full length. I am not sure there is a huge difference or if i even need the full length because i don't autocross...but i guess if i am going through the expese and trouble of having them welded in i might as well go for it!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by rdrkt171
wonderin' if you guys considered the Kenny Brown subframes or if there is a reason they got left out

Because they are crap and not as strong as most other options in pitch or lift. The matrix is stronger in yaw due to the configuration, but the chassis is strongest in this plane. I have seen the KB and Maximum Motorsports next to each other and the difference is pronounce.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by USMC-2-USN
The only kenne brown SFCs i saw were not full length. I am not sure there is a huge difference or if i even need the full length because i don't autocross...but i guess if i am going through the expese and trouble of having them welded in i might as well go for it!

They make a major difference in how the car handles and will keep you cars chassis straight it doesn't matter if you autocross, drag, or daily drive the car.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I had the Kenny Brown Super Subs on my 98GT.

Needless to say, I put the MM full lengths on my 03. :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Hans racecraft and Global West seem to have the best SFC's available hands down.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
Hans racecraft and Global West seem to have the best SFC's available hands down.

That's what I have heard too. Is the difference big enough between those and MM SFC's to justify their price? The Hans Racecraft ones are like $500. Anyone think they are worth that?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by BreBar21
That's what I have heard too. Is the difference big enough between those and MM SFC's to justify their price? The Hans Racecraft ones are like $500. Anyone think they are worth that?
I think I am getting either of theirs when I get some $$.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ask yourself if you're ever going to do any competition on a real track [you know, the kind with turns at the end of the straightaways] ;-)

subframe connectors and/or jacking rails will bump you up in class and put you up against competition you might not want to go up against. A couple of minor mods pushed me from Stock, through Prepared, up to Modified. That puts me up against the cars with roll cages and slicks.

Naja Haje

Established Member
I ordered the GlobalWest connectors the first week I bought the car, which was 2 months ago. Still no subframes. If I had to do it again I would have gone hans racecraft. Then again maybe they to are back ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread