Fully built 2003 Mach 1 - Whipple - T56 - MM - Forgeline - 8600 miles

Jfoster

Established Member
Torch Red 03 Mach 1 $31k
Now has about 9200 miles

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=73WPpDS-BSY"]YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 w/ Whipple Exhaust Sounds[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCklrvRy8Q&fmt=6"]YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 For Sale[/ame]

Basically, it has everything that a Cobra would aspire to having - all supporting mods EXCEPT the only thing I haven't done is change the rear axles - and I would suggest it for sticky tires. I opted for some of the best parts available (For example, I went with a complete Maximum Motorsports tubular front end instead of the less expensive UPR/D&D stuff).

I will also consider trades plus cash. I am looking for a stockish daily driver. Would prefer a silver GT 2000-2004, but will consider anything but a fox (Love foxes, just not for a DD).

Engine
Built Teksid shortblock
Cobra Crank
CP 17cc Pistons
Manley Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
ARP Head and Main Studs
Canton AL road race pan, Canton windage tray
Comp Springs and Retainers
Ford GT cams
140AX 2.3 Whipple
Metco 6# lower
Billetflow 4-piece idler kit
Powder-coating on valve covers, timing covers and front acc.
Accufab TB
JLT Big Boost CAI
LFP Heat Exchanger
Maximum Motorsports oil-filter relocation kit

Fuel/Tuning
SCT BA2400
60lb Injectors
Cobra Tank
Cobra Pickup with Ford GT pumps
Dual FPDM harness
Livewire SCT tuner
Innovate LC1 wideband
3-bar MAP (both wideband and MAP connected and working through Livewire - can datalog both)

Exhaust
American Racing Longtube Step-Headers 3" Merge Collectors
Custom 3" X-pipe w/V-Band clamps at collectors
SLP LM1 Stainless Cat-Back

Drivetrain
2000 Cobra-R Spec T-56
26-spline Input Shaft
Ram HDT clutch
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft
New style Pro 5.0 Shifter

Suspension
Maximum Motorsports K-member
Maximum Motorsports Control arms
Maximum Motorsports Coil-overs
Maximum Motorsports Caster-Camber plates
Maximum Motorsports Swaybar relocation kit
Bilstein Struts and shocks
Steeda sway-bar
Steeda rear adj. alum lowers
Steeda double-adjustable uppers

Wheels/Tires
18inch Forgeline GT3 wheels (18x10.5, 18x9)
New pzero rosso tires (315/30/18 - 265/35/18) - Wheels/tires over $4k alone.

Other
Honeycolb Mach rear panel
Sequential turn signals

machpics%20001.jpg

enginerun%20036.jpg

^^ Shaker is now installed :)
machpics%20005.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/n8vxa/QSL Meet/DSC03059-web.jpg?t=1206493246

n8vxa/QSL Meet - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There are a few pictures in the following thread of the engine in the K-member, before install and of the engine a few minutes after it was installed :) It looks perfectly at home now :)
Almost ready to install... Whippled Mach :) - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

IMG_2053m.jpg

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Fantastic car!

I bet you've smoked a few Brand-Xer's and they were like..... "DOH?????, What's in that thing????"

Very nice!

E

Jfoster

Established Member
The fact is, I drive it so little that I haven't come up next to anything that would have a chance. I did a little spurt with an older modded 900RR and was pretty even but he pulled away near the end of the run, like bikes usually do :)

Jfoster

Established Member
I do love silver but I think we're a little too far away and you're car might be a little too much car for me. Mainly the distance though. I wouldn't mind shipping mine but to try to do both at one time is a hassle I'd like to avoid.

Nice car though - thanks for the offer.

Jfoster

Established Member
Thanks guys - it is a fun car to drive. It's amazing how nice it drives (I was worried about the coilovers but they are quiet and ride better than any standard lowering spring setup I've ever been in).

It made 566/570 on a mustang dyno at 14lbs and high 10s AFR. I've since upped it to 17lbs and the AFR is now in the low 11s but I haven't been back to the dyno because I wanted to log it and my livewire was being replaced at SCT. I just got it back, so I'm looking forward to getting the AFR where it should be. The bad part is that it's getting hot here in FL now - and you know how that can mess up the numbers. I expect to hit over 600 easy though and still be very very safe. If the 650 mark is reachable, might throw in some race fuel and bump the timing, but it doesn't make a lot of sense because I don't think it will see sticky tires while I have it - and it doesnt hook up as it is now :) Bragging rights, I guess.

Jfoster

Established Member
Took the car to the track this weekend for the first time. I had some older drag radials and only did a quick burn-out, so the traction wasn't the best - which is what I wanted because one of the only things I haven't done on the car is the axles :)

Anyway, granny-shifting, 2.0 60', 7.80 in the 1/8th, spinning for the first 330'. When it hooked, it was very strong - 11.80 and trapped 131. If I do the axles and put a "real" sticky tire on there, 10s should not be a problem.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Took the car to the track this weekend for the first time. I had some older drag radials and only did a quick burn-out, so the traction wasn't the best - which is what I wanted because one of the only things I haven't done on the car is the axles :)

Anyway, granny-shifting, 2.0 60', 7.80 in the 1/8th, spinning for the first 330'. When it hooked, it was very strong - 11.80 and trapped 131. If I do the axles and put a "real" sticky tire on there, 10s should not be a problem.

That is damn impressive! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread