Fun car for $5k

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
I’ll probably be getting a new daily driver next year and may just have some fun money left over. I’d like to get something fun just to mess around in. I was thinking of an old Jeep Wrangler or something.
I’m not looking for anything fast or a project car.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
GTI maybe. It'd have to be 10 years old (or more) for $5K. Or a Mini Cooper S. Fiesta STs are great little cars, but you're talking $10K for a well used one.... Good luck.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I’d vote:

-Gen 1 or 2 MTX SHO. But you will have to be willing to wrench on it. Will be fun and turn lots of heads for the money.
-98 grand Cherokee Ltd 5.9L. Fun sleeper / tire burner suv. Will drink the shit out of fuel.
-if you want rice, 07ish Acura TL type S 6 speed...(might be a few thou over budget) Or just a 5 speed late model v6 accord... those are cheap, fun to beat on, reliable, and have decent power.
-Sn95 5.0 cobra (5-8k)
-90s 351 bronco, OJ style. But they are getting pricey.
-early to mid 90s lightning f150...might be more like 8-10k though (?)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I second an 04 up To ...
Even the base model is fun.
I bought an 05base , that needed a bit of cleaning , and some light body and paint , for under 800.00 .
I have 1500 in it , and is is a ton of fun. .
S types bring over 10k here .

StrayBullitt

Established Member
The Most fun I ever had for less than 5 grand and didn't have to touch it was an 03 R1, all else that turned out fun for around that much I bought cheap as a project.

Wrangler would be pretty fun, although I feel like a 5k one runs the risk of being beat/ old/high miles and could possibly turn into a project...

nxhappy

Established Member
The Most fun I ever had for less than 5 grand and didn't have to touch it was an 03 R1, all else that turned out fun for around that much I bought cheap as a project.

Wrangler would be pretty fun, although I feel like a 5k one runs the risk of being beat/ old/high miles and could possibly turn into a project...
yamaha R1 ? **** yeah ! that bike will get ya in tons of trouble LOL

Users who are viewing this thread