Fun Ford Weekend Pics and Video

typhoon43

Established Member
Yea Yeah, I know we have a Video section, but since 80% of this video contains Lightnings, this is where I think it should be, so keep the :wf: posts to yourself :-D

Fun Ford Weekend 2008. It was cool getting to meet a few new faces and putting them with the trucks. The Lightnings made a nice showing. Here's a compilation of a few runs I took on Saturday. Unfortunately I wasn't around for the finals on Sunday, so I have no clue who won tough truck. Congrats to FlaHP for being the only person with a running truck from the Gainesville area. It was fun watching him break his 2.6 Kenne Bell in :D

Here are a few random pics I took. Vid link at the bottom.

Sexy Center mount Turbo. This is the Mustang in the Video link.
Centered-Turbo%20(Medium).jpg

This is by far the biggest Centrifugal Blower I've ever seen. It was farking monstrous.
Monster-Vortech%20(Medium).jpg

Vortech-of-doom.jpg

And how do you cool that? How about 4" IC piping to your Air/Water IC. That ought to do it?
Mustang-IC%20(Medium).jpg

Nice to see people modding their GT-500's already 3.4 Liter Whipples are the blower of choice right now.
GT500-3.4%20(Medium).jpg

GT500-5.4-2%20(Medium).jpg

Turbo Mustang
Mu8stang-3Vturbo%20(Medium).jpg

Sexy azz 427
Shelby-427%20(Medium).jpg

Here's the video I made of a few of the runs. (10 MB)
http://nationalhorsepower.com/FFW.wmv

Next week is NMRA Bradenton. I'm going to try and get by there to see Johnny Lightning shoot for a 7 second pass. Should be fun.

FlaHP

Established Member
Great job Josh. We still have 2 more cameras to get images from.

We had my tune and boost so conservative that it was having a hard time on the top end. It was a catch 22. If it ran any faster they would have kicked me. The run in the video I had let out early to not get booted.

I will post more images later.

James and I will start dumping the images tonight in here

http://nationalhorsepower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2493&hl=

FlaHP

Established Member
Hmmmm. Should run better than that. Must have been having some issues or something. Very clean truck though.

He ran really good. Full weight with hitch, bed cover, Bars, and the N20 was just a 50 dry shot.

He also has no drag shocks and is on airbags.

Oh and no line lock and he was having a hard time warming the tires. 60ed around a low 1.6 to high 1.6

A lot more is left in the truck

Users who are viewing this thread