Fun in Mexico w/ BB Monte Carlo and Bike, and weighed car. Video.

ebrow21

Established Member
First the weight.

3860lbs with me in it (I'm 225lbs or so). 2012 Premium Auto with a Whipple. Less than expected, my 06 Convertible was 3980lbs without a bottle, with me in it.

Now to the races.

Went to Hooters today with a few friends, ended up accidentally crashing a local Camaro club meet. Ended up making a few runs after the event with a friend. The car is an extremely clean 1970 Monte Carlo with a 632 Big Block, full interior a/c street car. Best pass is 10.4x in the 130 mph range.

First run, 45 mph roll. He got a slight lead at the hit, we held it about there before an early shutdown due to traffic.

[youtube_browser]bAMBjdFCIo0[/youtube_browser]

Second run, he lost a cutout, so he kept them closed. Same 45mph roll. Not sure what mph the video cuts off though. Yes, I pulled a dumb and dumber running man as I passed by. I always think its hilarious when people mug while they're racing, figured why not. Also notice some random Hyundai rolls by us out the window cheering Go! Go! Rolled by us after we slowed down cheering out the window as well.

[youtube_browser]pCEZF7X3Vro[/youtube_browser]

Last race. NSFW (One curse word)

Bike was a Triumph 1050cc Triple Speed, same 45mph roll. Per a friend of the owner, it had a filter and 112 octane in it. Not sure if either helps.

The race wasn't really planned, someone else was supposed to run the bike, and it wasn't really close. I figured why not. I tried to leave the car in second and shift to drive, and it didn't work out well. The car shifted from second, to third, to second and shut off for a moment. I didn't want to waste the opportunity, so I stayed in it. Started to run him down a bit (I think) but didn't want to run out of road. Didn't have a chance to do a rematch.

[youtube_browser]gjI1mHOJefE[/youtube_browser]

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread