fun switch

kassman

Established Member
This may sound silly, but has anyone figured out a way to reverse the "fun switch" (the traction control switch) so that it defaults to off rather than having to disable it everytime I start the car. My other beefs are (1) why SVT keeps the upshift indicator in the Cobra. How many people who drive Cobra's need to be told when to shift? and (2) why can't they do away with that damn stiff rod antenna. Other than that, the car is simply awesome!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The "fun switch" is a momentary switch so it can't be reversed, well it can it will just operate the same. The best way to fix it is buy a chip and have them disable the traction control by default and shut-off the shift light also. Or if you don't want a chip MIL Eliminators is suppose to be coming out with a box to disable the traction control system by default and allow you to turn it on, but it is something like $50.00.
http://www.mileliminators.com/comingsoon.html

The shift light is there because it decreased our gas guzzler tax from 5,000 or something like that to 1,000. So you can take the 4,000 you saved and make your car really fast. I agree the antenna sucks.

TWFPete!

Go to www.ponyexpressperformance.com Look for a "Traction Control eliminator" kit. I don't know if it will work on a cobra? Some people on the corral.net forums have already put them in. Just search "traction Control" and you will see the posts over there. It changes the switch to be always off when starting the car and you have to push it to engage the TC when you want it. There was also something about people either using a antenna elimination kit or cutting theirs down. One guy got XM radio and took his out altogether. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread