Funny ADM Dealer Ad.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
2013 Race Red Shelby for sale on ebay with $5000+ ADM. I just fell off my chair laughing when I read this Sh**!!

"CLASSIC FORD LINCOLN OF COLUMBIA IS HOME OF THE $500 LOW PRICE GUARANTEE. IF YOU FORD CAR OR TRUCK DID NOT COME FROM CLASSIC FORD OF COLUMBIA, YOU PAID TOO MUCH!"

Ford : Mustang Shelby GT500 | eBay

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
The big dealerships in southwest Ohio will tell you stuff like ... "the owner bought their first alocated Shelby" and "I won't see ADMs under $10K because of the new motor." I had one dealer tell me demand will be very high & they may have to raise their ADM due to the passing of CS. I just have to laugh at them cuz they really don't understand the GT500 market. Not in all cases but in general, I think small dealerships are the way to go. That's how I ordered mine. I had two dealerships offer to order one for me under MSRP. I finally ordered mine $2500 under back in May.

Para81

Established Member
Yup small town dealerships are the way to go. And you're right most of these guys don't understand the market, luckily for them there are probably a few customers who still think these will be rare or go up in value. There is always a special edition around the corner for another buck to be made - that you can count on.

mullens

Established Member
The big dealerships in southwest Ohio will tell you stuff like ... "the owner bought their first alocated Shelby" and "I won't see ADMs under $10K because of the new motor." I had one dealer tell me demand will be very high & they may have to raise their ADM due to the passing of CS. I just have to laugh at them cuz they really don't understand the GT500 market. Not in all cases but in general, I think small dealerships are the way to go. That's how I ordered mine. I had two dealerships offer to order one for me under MSRP. I finally ordered mine $2500 under back in May.

Raise the ADM because of Carroll's passing? That's rich considering CS always demanded that his cars be affordable to the masses. What a joke. Unfortunately there are always uninformed buyers who will pay this blackmail and empower these crooks.

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
Small town dealer

If you could pm me those dealerships id appreciate it.
I suggest calling Paul at Kerry Ford in Springdale Ohio. Phone # is on the web. They have four orders already. Mine has a 10 priority. They say they typically get 7 or 8 allocations for Shelby's each year. I sealed the deal a while back before they knew too much about the 2013. Hope you can get a good deal ... Good Luck!!

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
2013 Race Red Shelby for sale on ebay with $5000+ ADM. I just fell off my chair laughing when I read this Sh**!!

"CLASSIC FORD LINCOLN OF COLUMBIA IS HOME OF THE $500 LOW PRICE GUARANTEE. IF YOU FORD CAR OR TRUCK DID NOT COME FROM CLASSIC FORD OF COLUMBIA, YOU PAID TOO MUCH!"

Kind f funny. Times must be tough, I contacted this same dealership on the same car way back in May. At the time it was 10K over MSRP, I offered MSRP, they said it was the only Red in the country, I would never get one, etc.

As you can see from my pic, I have a red with white stripes (I prefer) and without the Recaros (I Prefer) at MSRP. So I actually found the car I wanted at MSRP several weeks later.

I would stay away from these guys.

Scott

eagle eye

Established Member

Who said these 2013s didn't come with automatics? I knew there had to be some out there, just look at the dealers add on e-bay.

ABN

Established Member

You think that's bad?? Check out Koons Ford in Sterling VA, and Silver Spring, MD. They have a 13 GT 500 listed for 95k!! and a 13 Boss 302 Laguna Sec for 70k! Saleman told me they were getting 15k ADM for the first 3 GT500s sold. Now, they have a 30k ADM. Sad thing is, some shlep with bucks will pay it.

bpmurr

Established Member
You think that's bad?? Check out Koons Ford in Sterling VA, and Silver Spring, MD. They have a 13 GT 500 listed for 95k!! and a 13 Boss 302 Laguna Sec for 70k! Saleman told me they were getting 15k ADM for the first 3 GT500s sold. Now, they have a 30k ADM. Sad thing is, some shlep with bucks will pay it.

Go see the Dennis the GM in their Baltimore store. He will do MSRP for a true enthusiast. They ADM the cars to scare the resellers away. They were fair to me on my Boss purchase because they want me to come back as a repeat customer instead of a one time cash in.

Last edited:

ABN

Established Member
Go see the Dennis the GM in their Baltimore store. He will do MSRP for a true enthusiast. They ADM the cars to scare the resellers away. They were fair to me on my Boss purchase because they want me to come back as a repeat customer instead of a one time cash in.

Thanks for the tip. But after the song and dance I got from the Koons dealer, I don't think I'd do business with any Koons dealer again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread