Funny Kill

jlowitz

Established Member
Check it out.... I'm out driving home with my friend after the Tyson fight in my 99 Taurus SE (still stock) last night and am at a red light. All of a sudden I hear a sound like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. Well I look to my left and see this kid in a Mitsubishi Mirage (looked like a 97) eyeing me like he's got a tomahawk cruise missile between his legs. I revved him back.

It was hilarious... a grocery getter and an econo-box, set to burn rubber. I flip off the overdrive and wait for the light to turn green, and off we went.

I don't know what that kid was thinking... even though it's a Taurus, it's still got a 3.0L DOHC with 185 hp, compared to his 95 hp rice burner.

I got a full car length before he even got off the line, and by the time I hit 70 or so on the speedometer his headlights were but a faint glimmer in my rearview mirror. The whole time my friend was laughing hysterically. So I ease off the throttle and drift back down to about 50 and in the 15 seconds or so it took the kid to get up to speed he gives us a flyby at about 80. So I had to teach him some more....

I speed back up to about 100 and catch up in no time, and play with him, tapping the accelerator just enough to keep ahead of him, and then he finally let's off. At the next light he didn't even pull up next to me... good thing cause about a mile later there was a speedtrap waiting for the post-midnight crowd.

wheelspin

Established Member
Sweet. Reminds me of the time last winter my brother spanked a Civic ricer with the big Tach while drving his Astro Van. I almost cried I was laughing so hard!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by jlowitz
Check it out.... I'm out driving home with my friend after the Tyson fight in my 99 Taurus SE (still stock) last night and am at a red light. All of a sudden I hear a sound like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. Well I look to my left and see this kid in a Mitsubishi Mirage (looked like a 97) eyeing me like he's got a tomahawk cruise missile between his legs. I revved him back.

It was hilarious... a grocery getter and an econo-box, set to burn rubber. I flip off the overdrive and wait for the light to turn green, and off we went.

I don't know what that kid was thinking... even though it's a Taurus, it's still got a 3.0L DOHC with 185 hp, compared to his 95 hp rice burner.

I got a full car length before he even got off the line, and by the time I hit 70 or so on the speedometer his headlights were but a faint glimmer in my rearview mirror. The whole time my friend was laughing hysterically. So I ease off the throttle and drift back down to about 50 and in the 15 seconds or so it took the kid to get up to speed he gives us a flyby at about 80. So I had to teach him some more....

I speed back up to about 100 and catch up in no time, and play with him, tapping the accelerator just enough to keep ahead of him, and then he finally let's off. At the next light he didn't even pull up next to me... good thing cause about a mile later there was a speedtrap waiting for the post-midnight crowd.

Nice Kill.... yeah that 3.0 is a pretty nice lil motor, will definetly take some mods to it, watch out though the trannies in the taurus are notorious for going kabloie specially the '96-'99 models. Also one more thing welcome to the club hope you enjoy it here.

-Zach

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Nice Kill in the Taurus, not bad cars, quicker than most think...BTW can I have your bottom end........Not that bottem end you perverts out there............

jlowitz

Established Member
Hehe...
I was actually looking for a CSVT the last couple months, but I couldn't get the money together and insurance on a third family car was gonna be a biatch. Instead my parents were willing to hand their Taurus over to me.

Thanks for the tranny warning. I'm using the Taurus Car Club of America site to help with mods. I'm planning to start with a cold air intake (probably K&N) and MAF upgrade, a chip, and some performance mufflers(dynomax perhaps). I also want to find a new body kit to get a more aggressive, less "fishy" look. I don't think I'm looking to race it, just put to shame the local ricers on the street, so they can tell their friends how they lost to a Taurus.
Oh, and of course, the custom Pinkly Taurus Decal (think about it).

Man, what I wouldn't give to be driving an Impala SS right now.
You guys keep it real.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by jlowitz
Hehe...
I was actually looking for a CSVT the last couple months, but I couldn't get the money together and insurance on a third family car was gonna be a biatch. Instead my parents were willing to hand their Taurus over to me.

Thanks for the tranny warning. I'm using the Taurus Car Club of America site to help with mods. I'm planning to start with a cold air intake (probably K&N) and MAF upgrade, a chip, and some performance mufflers(dynomax perhaps). I also want to find a new body kit to get a more aggressive, less "fishy" look. I don't think I'm looking to race it, just put to shame the local ricers on the street, so they can tell their friends how they lost to a Taurus.
Oh, and of course, the custom Pinkly Taurus Decal (think about it).

Man, what I wouldn't give to be driving an Impala SS right now.
You guys keep it real.

Good strat for the modifications, cold intake is a pretty nice setup, you like The SS's???

jlowitz

Established Member
yeah, I dig the SS's
Simply put, they look badass.
oh yeah, and the STOCK 260 hp/330 ft-lbs doesn't hurt either.
Just like any real man should be, I'm a sucker for big, gas guzzling engines.
Thanks for the input guys.

KINGPIN

Established Member
That's a riot. I too am a big fan of the ricers with the humongous monster tachs. My favorite is to roll the window down and say " That's really nice of your girlfriend to let you drive her car ". There's really only two reactions to that. They either get pissed and start revving or they look away in shame. Good kill.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread