Funny Noise???

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Just got in from a little 60mi cruise and was gonna spray all the nite insects off when i hear a noise. Sounds like a tapping coming from the passenger side up underneath where the cats are. I rev the engine just a hair and the tapping speeds up then slows down with the RPMs. I turned the engine off...sprayed the truck off (15mins) and started it back up to go home. Tapping still there. Any ideas? Am I in danger? :(

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
only thing i could say is check your plugs, or maybe yiou have a heat sheild hitting something up under there
but with out being there i am just taking shots in the dark

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
I think i might have had a floating lifter? That's what someone else said. I drove it around for a few mins....the sound is gone. I wonder what it was now. And how do i prevent it again....

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
SVTman75 said:
I think i might have had a floating lifter? That's what someone else said. I drove it around for a few mins....the sound is gone. I wonder what it was now. And how do i prevent it again....
well i dont think it would be the hydo lash adjuster but to fix it is a hell of a project

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
:lol:

A 99 with no warranty....you bet your a$$ i'm checkin the plugs. Truck is parked as of now til i can get time to check them. Hella work week coming up. Anyone got a loaner for a daily driver i can borrow for a cpl days?

EDIT: thanks for the help guys!!:beer:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
SVTman75 said:
:lol:

A 99 with no warranty....you bet your a$$ i'm checkin the plugs.

I wish I had listened to myself a few months ago.

Back in the beginning of the year, I developed a "tick tick tick" shortly after I worked on my Bassani exhaust. I figured I had caused an exhaust leak at one of the flanges, but put off crawling under the truck.

When I finally did check it out, I realized the noise wasn't coming from the exhaust...everything was tight.

Right then and there I should have checked my plugs, but I was just "too busy" and put it off until the next day, for when I had more time. :kaboom:

Later that afternoon I blew my plug. :cryying: :cuss:

Stupid was I. :bash:

Stewart

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread