Fuse blowing out on lethal fuel system

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Double check over your wiring to be sure that you have no shorts and that all connections are good. Loose connections/grounds can cause resistance issues that are easily fixed. Make sure none of the wire insulation is broken and exposed wires are not touching metal.

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
Yes when through all the wiring cleaned the grounded area ,would a bad pump or relay blow the fuse ?

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm not 100% sure on a relay causing a blown fuse, but if a pump is going bad it can depending on how it's going bad. If there's a short in the pump or it's not able to spin freely (causing excessive current draw) then those can cause a fuse to blow. I would first check resistance of the relays using an Ohm meter and then do the same to the pumps, or check to see how much current the pumps are drawing while running.

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
Now what it's doing is that when I put the ignition on the on position it blows the fuse it won't let me do any testing

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Disconnect the pumps from the harness and try again, see if the fuse blows instantly again. Report back.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You have a short somewhere around the pump or it's the pump itself. Are you using a stock pump hat or a DivisionX or similar?

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ernest,

Good talking to you and glad we could get you taken care of. If you need anything else, just give us a call.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread