Future Cobra?

JAYMONEY

Established Member
The two-passenger, 550-hp supercar is expected to end its limited run in mid-2006, though insiders say production could continue for several additional months to make up for production lost to a control arm recall.

The Ford Shelby Cobra GR-1 concept was a big hit on the auto show circuit this year. The next step would be approval for production.

Ford Shelby Cobra GR-1

The Shelby Cobra GR-1 concept from the 2005 Detroit auto show could be the halo car successor to the GT. If the program is approved, the GR-1 could go into production for the 2008 model year.

I hope they redesign it, if it goes into production. I think it's ugly. :xpl:

NotoriousJaegs

~There Goes My Hero~
Established Member
I don't mean to be a huge downer, 'cause I've seen that car in person, and I actually think it is both kickass and pretty; but I thought they already said that the word was "no" on the GR-1? :shrug:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
NotoriousJaegs said:
I don't mean to be a huge downer, 'cause I've seen that car in person, and I actually think it is both kickass and pretty; but I thought they already said that the word was "no" on the GR-1? :shrug:
This is the only pic I've seen of this car. Maybe if I see this car in person or saw better pics, I might actually like it. I'm pretty sure Ford isn't going to produce this car, but it's still on their 2008 lineup as a possibility. Dunno. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread