FWIW - figured out my tick

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Didn't you take it in under warranty for this issue?? If so go back and show them this. They said everything was fine so they need to take care of it.

Otherwise call Ford Customer Service.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
im not sure but i think my truck has the same ticking noise its defanitly not a motor issue sounds like the injector noise you were talking about or maybe valves i have stock headers as well its slightly louder on my pass side as well ... changed all the plugs had a cop go bad replaced it truck still has a very very slight hesitation around 1500 to 200 rpm every now and then im thinking another cop is starting to go bad ... not sure but im getting frustrated as well with the noise .. about ready to put a muffler on it to jsut drond out the damn sound

funair02

Established Member
Didn't you take it in under warranty for this issue?? If so go back and show them this. They said everything was fine so they need to take care of it.

Otherwise call Ford Customer Service.

Yes I did - I think if you run my OASIS I took it back several times - even left it there for 2 days so they could "let the oil drain down"
ALSO they sold this truck to me with a 'clean carfax' -- I know it doesnt mean much, but there was big issues with my truck before I bought it.
Evidently it caught on fire and a 'tick' developed in the engine -- Maroone Ford supposidly changed the engine out at 20k miles ( I bought it 25k)
None of this when I purchased the truck from the dealer was brought to my attention.
So YES I went back to the dealer 3 times about this and they never did anything about it.
It gets better---so about 2 months ago I call the service manager at the deal I bought it from. I pleaded for help, he saw my history and knew what was up -- HE TOLD me that I had to go back to the dealer in Miami and furthermore "he doesnt represent the Ford Motor Company"

It really pizzes me off...

Can you give me the number for Ford Customer Service please??
thank you...:(

funair02

Established Member
Well just to let you all know, Ford told me to take a hike.

I just cant belive this --- 68k miles --second motor - and it needs head work???!?!??!?
I TAKE CARE of this truck..I dont beat it or overboost it...
Its sad that they wont even help!!! Im not asking for work free -- I am asking them to right a wrong from the past. This should have been fixed the time I brought it in...

again 68k miles---daily driver -- to and from work--thats it...

FWIW my brother has a 03 KIA with 100K miles on it---Never every had a problem...a KIA guys!!!!!

sad sad sad....

Users who are viewing this thread