FXXK NOLA- more excellent reasons to hate Treynor...

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I had the chance to roll down to NOLA Motorsports Park this weekend and I went, I was glad I did.:rolling: Here are some pictures of the XX Programme cars and a few shots of everything else. There were four FXXK's, two 599XX's, and one F1 car in the mix! One of my favorite parts had to be watching the... wait, everything. Nothing can describe the sound of an FXXK or 599XX as they go by, listening to them is like music to your ears. I did not get a chance to talk to Treynor, he looked busy when I saw him and I did not want to bother him. My next goal in life car-wise, is a Ferrari. Some pictures are from my IG and some are from a little Canon camera, the camera could not take far away shots, no track shots.:shrug: I also have been posting pictures on my IG (IG is in sig), along with some video. I have the F1 car video up on IG right now, taken from my IPhone 4. Enjoy!

IMG_0038 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0034 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0032 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

These are some cell phone pictures:
photo 5 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

photo 4 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Unedited:
photo 2 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

photo 1 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Non-Treynor cell phone picture:
photo 3 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Camera pictures of the other FXXK's:
IMG_0039 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0030 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0027 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0026 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0024 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0023 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Here are some other pictures I took:

IMG_0001 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0022 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0021 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

1984-1987 (I am not sure of the exact year) Ferrari 288 GTO:
IMG_0020 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0018 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

F1:rolling::
IMG_0017 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0016 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0015 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0013 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

More 458 Challenge pictures:
IMG_0012 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0010 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0008 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0007 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0006 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

NOLA Motorsports Park is a top notch facility, it has go carts there as well that are a blast to drive. I have had one of the best weekends in a really long time, this trip was worth it. I felt like a kid in a candy shop with all of those Ferrari's!!!:rolling:

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Very cool pic's thanks for sharing

I for the life of me still don't get the economics behind the sport. The amount of money in those cars, trailers and teams is just mind boggling.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Very cool pic's thanks for sharing

I for the life of me still don't get the economics behind the sport. The amount of money in those cars, trailers and teams is just mind boggling.

Every trailer represented a "Ferrari of (insert big city name here)", each trailer brought at least 3-4 458 Challenge cars. Race teams were from as far away as Vancouver, Miami, San Diego, San Francisco, and Long Island to name a few. Not to mention each 458 Challenge car costs maybe $300k-$400k. The racing was epic between the 458 Challenge cars, I have some video I have to upload on IG when I get some time. I am not going to lie, if I had the money I would be out there with them as well!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Great pics. Looks like a fun day!
Thank you! It was an absolute blast, come to find out this was apparently the only time the XX Programme would be in America in 2015, I hope they come around the east coast or come back to NOLA again next year.

man if it was next weekend, i'd love to take my boys!
They would have been in awe at all of the Ferrari's, I want to say that there were at least 50-60 Ferrari's present!

mystickb1996

Established Member
^^^this!! Of course of all weekends to be in Birmingham!! And this was happening 15 mins away from my house in Nola.. I gotta try those go karts out sometime at least. Thanks for sharing op

nicksender

Established Member
I love the 288 GTO. I have always loved the 308 GTB's and the 288 GTO's have the performance the 308's should of had.

They have skyrocketed from the original price of $85k in the mid-eighties to over $2 million now.

BlkCpe

Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks that all the local svtp members need to make a trip to go ride to go carts at NOLA?!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I love the 288 GTO. I have always loved the 308 GTB's and the 288 GTO's have the performance the 308's should of had.

They have skyrocketed from the original price of $85k in the mid-eighties to over $2 million now.

I love them as well, I just love that 80's look of the 308/328/288's had, all of those were pretty cars. It is hard to believe you can pick up a 308 for around $60k-$80k and a couple million for a 288 GTO.

Good pictures!

Thank you!

Am I the only one that thinks that all the local svtp members need to make a trip to go ride to go carts at NOLA?!

Good idea, except I am 5-5 1/2 hours away, as STAMPEDE3 said, throw it in the south section and see if anyone bites. I may go down next year if things are ready for a NASA weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread