FYI: Brake Rattle Solution..

slow_rider

Established Member
thought that I would share my solution. It is nothing special but it took several trips to different places to get the right parts. First let me say that I have a 97 cobra. that is part of the problem. It appears that most of the autoparts stores do not have a SVT option for a 97 but they do for 98.. also the anti rattle clips (they are actually called something else on the cobra but don't remember) come with the front break pads -- should come with the pads. Delership had pads for over $100 :bash: ended up going to Autozone:mj: and convincing them that there should be more in the box than just pads and that is when they checked 98 mustang in computer.. they found it... had it available.. $65. the suggestion that the store gave me was to buy the pads, use the clips, return the pads to a different store because it does not say that clips are included...

so in the end the clips are free if you do it right...:) now I have no rattle and it just cost me some time and gas...;-)

Hope this will help someone else.

sorry for the long post...

chknhwk

I only have rattle in the rear... Any idea what could cause that? I know it's something I did b/c I just put them in... :mj: :gt:

slow_rider

Established Member
it is probably the anti rattle clip. it goes in the caliper before you put it over the pads. You can get a hardware kit from pep boys for $6 per wheel which has the anti rattle clip, 2 rubber things, and another clip that I am not sure what it is. I know this because in my escapade that was the first thing that I was sold...

Users who are viewing this thread