G-Force T56 upgrade. good for 900hp/900 tq....

87FOXGT

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone on here has done this upgrade yet? If so how much did it cost and what are your current power levels??? I am just curious as i am contemplating doing this upgrade once i step up the power levels considerably once again.

predator

Established Member
I had thought about it, from a durability standpoint, but ended up doing a thorough Liberty rebuild at a much, much cheaper price.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
PM me for more info...

you can't go wrong with Liberty's Gears

great guys, authorized Tremec dealer & repair facility but their real claim to fame is their absolute domination (over G-Force) in NHRA Pro Stock with their 3000+ HP boxes :bowdown:

Last edited:

87FOXGT

Established Member
predator said:
I had thought about it, from a durability standpoint, but ended up doing a thorough Liberty rebuild at a much, much cheaper price.

Can you give me any more info on this ?? I had never heard of a liberty rebuild kit. Is it an upgrade like the gforce kit, or sort of a stock replacement type deal? How much hp/tq is it good for, and how much is it??

I just got an email back about pricing for gforce, basically it would be about 2500 which is alllot for a tranny upgrade. Now im wondering how that compares to the liberty rebuild. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
predator said:
...snip..., but ended up doing a thorough Liberty rebuild at a much, much cheaper price.

What exactly did you have them do?

Curious cause they did mine too.

Transmission:
T56 with Liberty's Gears 26 spline input shaft
Liberty's Gears 31 spline output shaft
Liberty's Gears 31 spline 1350 Series Driveshaft yoke
Viper 5th gear(0.75:1) and 6th gear (0.50:1)

Bob Cosby

Established Member
JB said:
you can't go wrong with Liberty's Gears

great guys, authorized Tremec dealer & repair facility but their real claim to fame is their absolute domination (over G-Force) in NHRA Pro Stock with their 3000+ HP boxes :bowdown:
Liberty makes a great product (had a Liberty Pro-shifted T5 in my 88 Coupe for a while), but I don't know what Pro Stock Trannies have to do with 10, 11, and 12 second Cobras. :)

More down to our speed....the 2004 NMRA R/S and F/S champoins both used G-Force T5s. The P/S champ (the class between R/S and F/S) ran an auto.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you mean you don't have 3000 HP in your Cobra? ;-)

I said it was their claim to fame, not that it was applicable to us...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread