GA Hunting

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
So I've decided to get into hunting. I've been hunting before, but that was hog hunting with 2 dogs and a knife. I bought myself a Remington 11-87 12 Gauge Sportsman Super Magnum on Saturday. It's the perfect shotgun for me and is very versitile. Right now it's set-up for water fowl and upland bird, but a barrel swap would make it ready for deer and hogs. I've been practicing shooting trap at the local skeet range and it's pretty easy.

My main reason for posting this is to ask if any of you guys know of any good hunting spots. I've been searching online and have found a few but they're moderately expensive. A few of my co-workers and I would like to shoot some ducks but all we have been able to find is public hunting spots. And we've been told that duck hunting down here sucks. Do any of you guys own land that my buddies and I could pay you to hunt? Or maybe know someone who knows someone?

I'm currently in the process of getting all my permits for water fowl. Apparently, I missed the cutoff by one year and I have to spend $25 to take two tests online and then take some proctored exam before I can purchase my State Hunting License. Then I have to buy a State Water Fowl License and then a Federal Duck Stamp. But hey, at least the state license will be good for other game.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I hunt duck and geese north of Canton/Cherokee... maybe like 45 min N. Field hunts for geese

I usually make a trip to the Mississippi Delta for the good stuff though

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Thanks! I found a few spots up here. Everyone seems to be real tight with the info, but I can understand why...

Users who are viewing this thread