Gains from dyno tuning

TenaciousRock

Established Member
I have a 2014 GT, auto car that I put a VMP Gen 2 Stage 2 supercharger on. It's the basic Stage 2 kit, 82mm pulley with 56# injectors and BAP. The supercharger is the only power mod done to the car.

The tune I'm running is the initial email tune that came with the X4 and the kit. I had the car dyno'ed to see what it put down (no tuning) and it was 562 rwhp 485 rwtq. Now I know that dyno's can vary drastically so numbers don't really mean a lot, but I would like to see over 600rwhp and 500rwtq.

The dyno I was on was a very reputable local tuner for our cars, I'm wondering how much more power might be possible with just a full dyno tune from that company on the same dyno. Any guesses on what I could likely expect? Not sure if 40+rwhp and 15+rwtq is reasonable or not.

I'm only running 93 octane by the way too, I know that makes a big difference.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I believe VMP will adjust your tune as necessary for free. Simply contact them and they will have you do some logs on the car. The tune they sent you is extremely conservative, picking up 40 hp would not be out of reach after a few datalogs.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I would datalog the car and see if they can adjust the tune. Most "out-of-the-box" tunes are very safe to accommodate all sorts of setups.

noldevin

Established Member
I'm pretty sure VMP wants to you datalog the car before you start really driving it. I would definitely do that asap.

The increase from switching to a dyno will depend on who did your original tune, and how good the dyno tuner is. Not all dyno tuners are created equal.

That being said, a GOOD dyno tuner will be able to squeeze more out of the car almost always. You just simply can't fine tune the variable cam timing for best power without a dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread