gains with long tubes

gtmuscle

Established Member
i was thinking about putting on long tubes and new mid pipe, but wanted to know what gains to expect and ti see if its worth the $$$

03cobrarocks

Established Member
From what I have seen its not worth the money unless you are running kb, whipple, or lot of boost and spray with eaton...

Although I just bought some bbk lts and got a hell of a deal so i went for it, I will let you know what my results are.

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
they are definitely worth the investment. all the fastest ported guys and up have long tubes. Plus they are only going to be more beneficial the more modifications you do.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
so how much power gain would come from a setup on a 19psi whipple still with stock manifolds that dynoed almost 610whp? lol

Ive seen lots of guys with KB kits in the 630whp range... but also making nearly the same in tq

If dyno numbers now are 610/570, and add headers and an aftermarket front mount IC... could they possibly get to 630/610+tq?

If hp only say increased 10whp from longtubes over manifolds... is it 10hp on the dyno max or do you feel something like a 35hp gain over 5k rpms?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
The peak number might be around the 20-25rwhp neighboorhood on a whipple car at a decent amound of boost. But, I have seen before and after graphs where they increased the midrange up in the 40's. they definitely will smooth out your power band.

Users who are viewing this thread