Galaxy S4 vs Iphone 5

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Thinking about pulling the trigger on getting the Galaxy S4 today if AT&T store has it in stock.

I've been an iOS person since day 1 but looking for a change and a bigger screen/personalization.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? :shrug:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
how customized can you get? can you make your own ringtones/text sounds, background screens, etc? i know nothing about android

Yes to all of those.

There's an app I have that will make a ringtone out of any audio file you have on your phone.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Android based operating systems are more customizable than iOS. In order to make an iPhone as customizable you have to jailbreak it.

Mackey

Established Member
I have the iPhone5 for work and the GS3.

The iPhone is used for work and the GS3 is my personal. I wasn't given a choice for my work phone but I do like the iPhone. Personally I prefer the GS3 to the iPhone5 and never see myself carrying the iPhone unless in a work situation.

I love the bigger screen and the speed in comparison. I imagine the GS4 is an improved version of the GS3 so I would lean towards that.

kameleongt

Established Member
Good luck let us know how it is.. sadly i'm on verizon and though i'm preorderd they decided to not release til the end of May:x

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
Thinking about pulling the trigger on getting the Galaxy S4 today if AT&T store has it in stock.

I've been an iOS person since day 1 but looking for a change and a bigger screen/personalization.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? :shrug:

Just switched from a jailbroken 4S to the HTC One (although I still rooted it)

how customized can you get? can you make your own ringtones/text sounds, background screens, etc? i know nothing about android

I found an app called Zedge which is an all inclusive kind of app which has ringtones, notification (text) tones, wallpapers, etc...

All in all it's pretty sweet and so far no regrets, but as with anything there is a learning curve so it may feel kinda clunky at first

Users who are viewing this thread