Gamer Dies After Playing Diablo 3 For 40 Hours Straight

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
Taiwan gamer dies after playing Diablo 3 III for 40 hours | 7 Days Dubai

Cliffs:
"An 18-year-old gamer in Taiwan has died after reportedly playing Diablo 3 for 40 hours straight. The boy, Chuang, was resting on a table in an Internet Cafe when an attendant came to wake him up. According to reports, Chuang stood up, took a few steps around, and then collapsed, having to be taken to a hospital. It was shortly after he arrived there that he was pronounced dead.

Back in February, a 23-year-old Chinese gamer named Chen Rong-yu died in an Internet Cafe after playing Riot Games' League of Legends for 23 hours straight. It was determined that his death was caused by cardiac arrest, but so far the word is still out on Chuang's official cause of death. "

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Or the desire. Wouldn't 40 hours of the same game get awfully boring?

Hell yea it would. At most I can only play like 2 hrs but I may sit down and play 1 day a month and rarely do I ever get 2hrs before im interrupted, get bored, or something else happens.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I don't understand how you go into cardiac arrest from that. Is it just all the stuff moving everywhere or what

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Thats absolutely insane! Me and a friend of mine would have all nighters playing COD. He would come by my apartment at like 9 or 10 and we would slam Redline energy drinks and just stay up til like 6 or 7 am playing COD. But thats only about 9 hours MAX and I would be hurtin the next day, and extremely exhausted. 40 hours is just madness, I dont know how someone can do that, well clearly they cant because they are now DEAD. The human body isnt meant to do ANYTHING for 48 hours straight let alone sitting in one spot barely moving.

The only thing that comes to mind is the SouthPark episode where Cartman and the others play WOW and get all fat and pimply and like never leave the game. Cartman calls his mom so he can take a explosive crap in a bedpan lmfao! That episode gets me every time

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
He was probably on a steady diet of Monster energy drinks and trail mix. He could have died from a cardiac arrest that was a result of 1, extreme dehydration. 2, over stimulation of caffeine and all the other crap in energy drinks. 3, kidney failure from trying to process all that shit. Dude wins a Darwin award.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
The longest I've ever played at once is maybe 3-4 hours - basically a few back to back games of NCAA Football on 360. After that long, I'm either tired of sitting or bored of playing. Nowadays, I don't have that many hours in a row to do any one thing, let alone videogames.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I think his death had something to do with blood flow for sitting so long. Pretty crazy though.

That could be a possibility too. Kind of how some people will black out if they stand up too fast. One time I got out of bed one morning too fast and blacked out. Collapsed and fell face first into the wall. My wife was freaking out till I came back to consciousness. My doctor said it was most likely a combination of my really low resting heart rate(40bpm) and getting up too fast so my brain didn't get the oxygen from the blood fast enough and thus I blacked out.

Now I imagine something like that happening to someone who is really unhealthy and their body probably wouldn't bounce back and adjust very well or maybe not at all.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
The human body isnt meant to do ANYTHING for 48 hours straight let alone sitting in one spot barely moving.

The only thing that comes to mind is the SouthPark episode where Cartman and the others play WOW and get all fat and pimply and like never leave the game. Cartman calls his mom so he can take a explosive crap in a bedpan lmfao! That episode gets me every time

Actually during the initial phase of OIF troops were going 60+ hours without sleep because they kept getting orders to push closer to Baghdad. That's how a tanked ended upside down in the Tigris.

Also the first thing I thought of when I opened this thread was Cartman's fatass in what looked like a landfill around his computer. Man those were good times.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Shoot, I remember I used to play alot to. Nowhere near 40 hours but when i was a kid we would rent video games from Blockbuster and i would put alot of time. Eventually, it would come time to eat, I would eat a whole plate in 5 minutes just to play. All that for some Madden '97

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I remember growing up my brother bought a new James bond video game for his n64 and played that thing for about 19 or 20 hours straight. I remember he stopped to piss but I don't recall him stopping to eat. I never was into video games that much. I have a ps2 that i fire up once in a while but I only like the games where I can use cheat codes and kick ass without much effort.

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Pretty sure some country had a WoW ban after certain hours or some shit because kids were dying from the same thing.

southpark-wow-2.jpg

8192-wow-southpark_v1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread