garage floor coating - uneven concrete

brisk_tea

Established Member
I did a search and read up on the ucoat-it, and tiling. But I'm curious as to what might be the best way to correct a concrete floor that isn't flat. I don't want to put down new concrete if I don't have too, just curious if anyone knew of anything that I could lay over the concrete to get a nice flat surface.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Put a thin layer of self leveling concrete on top of it. Or if you are using tile, simply use self leveling adhesive.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Yep, thats your only choice. Its called Easy Level, if I remember correctly. Lowes, Home Depot, etc should have it.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
TEC EZ Level is self leveling and pourable. If your going to use it, its best if you use the TEC adhesive primer and additive before you do so. Draw a big circle around the area you want to level. Use a roller or a brush and apply the primer to that area, and go about two or three inches past your line. Then pour the EZ Level on, you may want to use something from stopping it from self leveling your whole floor, cause it can do that. You could also use the TEC Versapatch, which is not self leveling or pourable, but will work just the same once its dry.

brisk_tea

Established Member
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'm closing on the house at the end of the month, and I was hoping there would be an easy way to correct the garage floor so that I can use it safely.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
SinisterSHO said:
I guess I should have asked what exactly you mean by 'uneven'? Is it just dips in the floor, or is the whole floor just not level?

+1, how bad is this "uneven" exactly. Ardex K-15, self leveling, and dry in 20-30 minutes. kinda expensive, but 30lb bag will fix a fairly large area depending on the extent of your "uneven". if the whole floor slants for draining puposes, there really isnt any "fix it" in a bag. before you patch the floor with a self leveling mix, get a primer/conc prep liquid i.e. weldcrete, ardex "pink" primer. and make sure the floor is absolutely clean, otherwise it will just chip up in a matter if a few months if it doesnt bond. check with a local flooring company, one that sells vinyl tile and such, they should be able to help you out.

brisk_tea

Established Member
it has some dips in it. i looked at it again yesterday, and it's not too major that I think the whole concrete floor would need replaced. but enough that when putting a car on stands, there might be some safety concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread