Gas brand quality?

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
For many years I kept logs of mileage, and found that Amoco Pemium gave me the best mileage (statistically significant at 95% confidence), followed by Sunoco, then Marathon. Finally, Shell and Mobil, then the el-cheapo gas like Speedway. The difference between the best and worst was about 1-1/2 miles per gallon. (My cars all required premium).

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I have always been a fan of Chevron, followed by 76 (formerly Unocal 76) ...

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Im not partial to any particular brand, but what I do know is that avoid any service station that has just topped off their underground storage tanks.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
The only choices I have are Sunoco 94 and 93
Citco 93
Mobil 93
I have others like BP but I know better than to use them.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i use the new Shell station but that is only cause they just got new tanks so i know there isnt to much crap that can float up and get in my tank
second choice is Hess (you east coast guys know what that is) both of witch is 93 oct
the Sunoco near my house is a dumping ground for left over gas from other stations (i know this cause i used to work for a carrier)
you would have better luck getting a higher oct from the diesel;-)

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
I usually only use Sunoco.... but if I'm feeling extremely cheap and/or I'm nowhere near one and running out of gas, I'll settle for the other crap.. lol.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Do you often feel "extremely cheap"?? Just wondering:D

HAHA:lol: damn.. that was funny, hate to say.

I use Exxon, only cause in bumblefu@k NJ it is the only station that is around, especially on the way to work. Aftermarkt fuel additives only make it far worse, can't fix bad gas, well not in your car anyway:)

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I use Shell now it was Texaco until a few months ago. And some how I knew someone was going to say they heard it was crap before I even started reading this thread. :) Just my luck I guess not sure if it is good or bad gas they just happen to be everywhere around here and I have their gas card.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I like Amoco...but there aren't too many to choose from around here.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I normally use chevron or texaco (now shell). We only get 92 here. I've found that a lot of it is the location too. There is a good chevron about 2 minutes away from a bad one near my house. We don't have any sunoco the other good ones you guys have mentioned.:(

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Amoco/BP gas is my fav brand, followed by of all places...Thornton's. There's one down here and they claim they don't use ethanol or any other kind of blends, its the real deal as far as I know. 93 Octane, straight up.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Get my gas on an Air Force base. I figure they have no reason to cheat the gas. I wish UL would do a report

Users who are viewing this thread