gas direct injection and nitrous questions

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
Any one have any experience with this, I recently purchased a 2015 hyundai genesis sadan 5.0 ...there isnt any aftermarket support for this car and would like to make it faster ...the info I have is the fuel system is under the intake mainfold, and about 2100 psi what r some opions for tapping the fuel systen orther then the rail I dont want to buy a stand alone fuel system as I would only use a 100 shot at best .... I already have a zex black out wetkit and would like to use it if possible, but the high fuel pressure has mewondering if I need a kit designed for this car ... I definitely don't want to be the guy to blow his moter for not asking questions .... any imput u have would help .... thanks in advance

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
what size is the fuel line? can you see where the disconnect is from the fuel line to the rail? Aeromotive makes a fitting that lets a -6 line i believe, tap into it. i got one for my cobra.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Have you posted on a genesis forum? I am sure more people could help there.

I would probably first find a reputable tuner/shop for the genesis, and start asking them questions about what supporting mods you need and where you can get them.

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
Im on the gen fourms and not much luck .... not to many people running nitrous on a luxury sedan, I cant see the fuel rail or injectors, there under the intake mainfold. I did read there is a low pressure and a hi pressure pump so u may be on to something. ?.. will a standard zex wet kit work or would I need a gdi specific nitrous kit? Every fuel system have a pressure valve like or cobras? thanks guys for the imput ur awsome

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Im on the gen fourms and not much luck .... not to many people running nitrous on a luxury sedan, I cant see the fuel rail or injectors, there under the intake mainfold. I did read there is a low pressure and a hi pressure pump so u may be on to something. ?.. will a standard zex wet kit work or would I need a gdi specific nitrous kit? Every fuel system have a pressure valve like or cobras? thanks guys for the imput ur awsome

I don't know much about it, but maybe look at what camaro/cadillac guys are doing to get nitrous on their DI cars. Granted their stock systems might be stout enough to handle it, but it might give you some insight on what is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread