Gauge Cluster icon change

Snoopy49

Established Member
I don't know what the requirements are for ordering. If the snake is cluster dependent, it shouldn't make any difference, in that case I would go with your VIN. It will be interesting to see if they require a pre or post 4/13 VIN.

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
I had ford replace it for free because it's not how the car was suppose to come. Just get a vin with cobra logo and order a new cluster using said vin #

Bad Mule

Established Member
With the guys that DO have have correct Cobra logo on the cluster, can you snap a pic? Do you have a Pony and "Mustang" when you turn on key and then get a Cobra in the gauge mode like so? My current 14 gauges below.

Correct Gauge mode on another 14:
hpw5g_zps9cgjomnq-jpg.583009

My cluster at key on:
20190321_132204.jpg

Mine gauge mode:
20190321_132216.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll get you a couple pics of mine when I get home, my 14 has the cobra log

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
For those how had the dream to change the logo to the cobra, here you go, enjoy your cluster now more than ever lol
Nice.

Can you confirm whether the flash changes Launch Control from the (early production) 2500-5200 RPM limits to the (later production) 3000-4500 RPM limits?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice.

Can you confirm whether the flash changes Launch Control from the (early production) 2500-5200 RPM limits to the (later production) 3000-4500 RPM limits?
Good question but in reality the launch control isn’t effective anyway.
Subbing to watch vid later.
@Vinnie_B
I do prefer the snake on mine on start up.
Now if we good find a way to accurately let the cluster monitor true boost and E85 a/f ration we’d be golden.
-J

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I played with it enough to know it worked OK at stock power levels, but is less-than-effective at my current power level. I'm sure it's totally ineffective at yours.
I've come to one conclusion on the way our shelbys react when we modify and push them hard and beyond there intended stock use. The only way to harness these wild ponies is with a upgraded suspension, driveline and a MOTEC 150 ECU!!!! Our stock ECU'S and supporting drive components are just too limited. Thats just my opinion Mr. @Norton.

Users who are viewing this thread