Gauge cluster lights arent working. Any guesses?

Drewzilla

Established Member
About 2 months ago I noticed my cluster lights werent working. Im not sure when it happened because it's rare that I drive the car in the dark. Well I finally decided to check to fuse to see and they were all ok. Im not sure which fuse is the cluster but I checked them all under the dash and under the hood (just incase). Also it's not my dimmer lol. What could the problem be? I dont really wanna just tear it apart and do wire hunts and electronic crap without a few hints or tips to lead me to common possible problems. BTW the cluster gauge actually works as in the needles and the digital mileage reading, just not the actual green back lighting that you'd normally see with the lights on. Basically Im guessing when I drive at night and Im tired of it. Thanks for any help!!

kameleongt

Established Member
thi shappened to me and i just took off the cluster unplugged and plugged everything on and it turned back on luckily let me know if that works for yah! GL

Drewzilla

Established Member
Hey I havent been on here in a while to check the responses. I havent messed with it anymore but what "switch" are you talking about? Or are you saying switch clusters?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Hey I havent been on here in a while to check the responses. I havent messed with it anymore but what "switch" are you talking about? Or are you saying switch clusters?

I think he's referring to the headlight switch, which also controls the dimming of the dash lights. Maybe that went bad. Much easier, and cheaper to replace than the gauge cluster, so I'd pick one of those up to try first.

Drewzilla

Established Member
Thanks guys I will try this soon and let you know what happens. I dont drive the car very much at night due to my significant other having a 4 door car. She's also got a kid and I have a rear seat delete. Much easier than my cobra. Point being it's not a must do thing at the moment but just wanted to know. Thanks for the help and Ill bump it up again if I cant figure it out!

Users who are viewing this thread