gauge cluster

FST-HUH

Established Member
how to take it off. it looks like boost gauge is pluged in and there is no room to reach back plug. Any ideas guys. Thanks.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
how to take it off. it looks like boost gauge is pluged in and there is no room to reach back plug. Any ideas guys. Thanks.

down by the pedals you can get a hold of the boost line and there is a clip on it that you can move to get enough length to pull it out. Two wire harness and the boost line are on the back.

FST-HUH

Established Member
down by the pedals you can get a hold of the boost line and there is a clip on it that you can move to get enough length to pull it out. Two wire harness and the boost line are on the back.

I'll try this tomorrow. Yeah it looks like boost line is so freakn' tight that you can bearly move cluster, in my saleen I can take it off in a minute but this one is a bit different due to boost line.

Also if I was to take cluster out do i just yank out the boost line out of cluster or......?????

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I'll try this tomorrow. Yeah it looks like boost line is so freakn' tight that you can bearly move cluster, in my saleen I can take it off in a minute but this one is a bit different due to boost line.

Also if I was to take cluster out do i just yank out the boost line out of cluster or......?????

you could just yank it out, I have, you could damage the line. It is real simple to get some extra slack down there though. You won't be able to get it back on without getting slack. The boost line is held on by a rubber boot in the back right side. Also if you had to break the headlight knob to get that out, the new one comes with a shaft, the old shaft can be released through a button on the left side of the headlight switch assembly. You have to take out the two bolts holding it in to see it.

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Be careful with the gauge face also if you are opening the plastic cover. If it gets dirty there is no good way to clean it, it's like paint and it smeared when I tried. You have to buy a new cluster and go through a bunch of lengthy bull to get a new one, and the smeared one is not good enough to use as a core. I had to learn the hard way when I tried removing an old boost overlay for the high boost overlay.

Users who are viewing this thread