gauge color prob with 14 GT

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
few days after i picked up my 14 GT i noticed the gauge colors not working properly. 9/10 times i choose which color i want to make the gauges and halo and the message box pops up saying the color has been changed but they stay the default white.....the few times i have gotten the gauges/halo to change it will either flash right back to white a few seconds later or a few miles down the road....brought it back to the dealership and showed them what the deal is and they said they've never heard of this problem yet..i couldnt have them look at it while i was there tho, plan on going back this monday when i have time...the ambient lights work fine, no probs with those, just the gauges and halo's.

any of you guys have this problem or heard of anyone who has???

kingnut

Established Member
14 gt prem here. My gauge color work perfect. Dealership probably should replace your whole cluster if they dont know what the problem is.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
if thats what it takes to fix the problem i dont care....ill find out on monday. hoping its as simple as a module or relay or something...

Torchy

Established Member
You have to make sure your gauges are actually turned on. If not then it always stays at white.

mhyjek

Established Member
You have to make sure your gauges are actually turned on. If not then it always stays at white.
I thinks what he means you have to have the lights turned on for the halo to work...

kingnut

Established Member
haha OP i didnt even think about the above. yeah you have to have your lights on otherwise they go back to white immediately. lol.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
It also will not allow you to pick pink, its embedded in the car DNA...lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Torchy

Established Member
Yeah I meant lights turned on. Wasn't even tryin to flame either. Same thing happened to me and I was getting pissed..... Then realized my lights weren't turned on.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
Yeah I meant lights turned on. Wasn't even tryin to flame either. Same thing happened to me and I was getting pissed..... Then realized my lights weren't turned on.

i know what you meant....if the lights are off and you try to change the gauge/halo color a message box pops up and tells you to turn the lights on. lol def not the problem. with the lights on i am having this problem.

i started the car this morning to go to work and the gauges were blue...i let it warm up for a few minutes then threw it in gear and about 20 seconds of driving they turned back to white, and would not change to any other color besides white even tho after i pick any color the message box pops up saying they have been changed to that color.....

ill find out monday what the hell is wrong with this thing...

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
If the sensor on top of the dash sees that it is light enough outside it with default the gauges to white even with the lights on.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
i know what you meant....if the lights are off and you try to change the gauge/halo color a message box pops up and tells you to turn the lights on. lol def not the problem. with the lights on i am having this problem.

i started the car this morning to go to work and the gauges were blue...i let it warm up for a few minutes then threw it in gear and about 20 seconds of driving they turned back to white, and would not change to any other color besides white even tho after i pick any color the message box pops up saying they have been changed to that color.....

ill find out monday what the hell is wrong with this thing...

There's nothing wrong. It's a nanny system from Ford. There's a sensor on top of your dash that does this whether you want to or not.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
If the sensor on top of the dash sees that it is light enough outside it with default the gauges to white even with the lights on.

There's nothing wrong. It's a nanny system from Ford. There's a sensor on top of your dash that does this whether you want to or not.

well shit...you guys are right. just ran outside on my lunch break and tried covering the sensor and the gauges stayed blue. makes sense since i park under some trees and hit sun light when i pull out about 10ft away...

thanks for the help fellas :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread