Gauge Mounting Options

Jtaugner

Established Member
Has anyone mounted a gauge anywhere besides the A Pillar or vent? I absolutely hate A Pillar mounts. I have a Metra Double DIN installed and thinking of drilling a hole next to the touchscreen but that's going to make it impossible to sell later.

I've currently got my Wideband in the Roush vent pod but looking at adding an Aeroforce to keep tabs on my transmission temperature with the addition of the new torque converter. I know Ford offers the 3 gauge pod for the dash but looking to stick to 2 gauges.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Here's your solution:

Ford Racing Gauge Pod for Mustang 2011+

I know that Ford Racing sells the pod already filled with gauges, but they want to steal like $1100+ away from you just for the damn gauges, when you can fill that bad boy up with Autometer gauges for a lot less, which is the route I'll be taking for sure.

Jtaugner

Established Member
Here's your solution:

I know that Ford Racing sells the pod already filled with gauges, but they want to steal like $1100+ away from you just for the damn gauges, when you can fill that bad boy up with Autometer gauges for a lot less, which is the route I'll be taking for sure.

I was hoping to stick with two gauges. I'm a fan of not drawing too much attention with a bunch of gauges. I may be stuck going with that and getting 3 gauges.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Only gauge pod I've seen for this car that's not custom for just two gauges was an A-pillar one, which you don't want. Too bad I've never seen one of these for this body style, because there are steering wheel gauge pods that look like this that I've seen, but not for our years:

category8064_thumb_full.jpg

RC-5.0

Established Member
Has anyone mounted a gauge anywhere besides the A Pillar or vent? I absolutely hate A Pillar mounts. I have a Metra Double DIN installed and thinking of drilling a hole next to the touchscreen but that's going to make it impossible to sell later.

I've currently got my Wideband in the Roush vent pod but looking at adding an Aeroforce to keep tabs on my transmission temperature with the addition of the new torque converter. I know Ford offers the 3 gauge pod for the dash but looking to stick to 2 gauges.

What's wrong with A-Pillar mounts? Best place to view the gauges..right in front of you.
RC

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
It's a PITA

I have about 10+ man hrs in each one I make

A lot of fiberglass and sanding

RC-5.0

Established Member
I just don't like them in plain sight for everyone else. I like the subtle look.

Zporta, looks good. How hard was it to custom mount those?

I get that and not trying to convince you to like something you don't, but the purpose is to keep you eye on what's going on.

Those ones WAY up on the ceiling really look out of place up there IMO not to mention the difficulty in viewing them :nonono:
RC

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the tri pod for the boss is my favorite setup on this cars. it looks like it comes with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread