Gauge pods????

FordFreak

Established Member
Who has them? And post pics!!
I dont like the autometer ones. Who makes the gauge pod that doesn't just attach to the original?
I have one for an 01 cobra but I just sold the car. lol

cdh027

Established Member
FordFreak4.6, sorry I dont have any info on your gauge pod question, but I definitely agree with your quotes. I think everyone should own an M4 (oh wait, that's another forum)

FordFreak

Established Member
Thanks. I just added another one. :)

M4 huh? haha I have a few AR's and I'm currently building an AR10.
I'm leaving commiefornia if it gets any worse here. :mj:

cdh027

Established Member
Since nobody is replying to your intended thread..................I havent been on any of the ar sites in long time since the purchase of my cobra. What is the deal with the awb that is coming due soon ????

SStupid

Established Member
Center pod

My favorite gauge pod is the one that goes up on top of the center of the dashboard. You just have to work up the balls to cut a big hole in your dashboard. The other gauge pod offered gives you gauge locations on either side of the steering wheel. I'm sure a search would turn up some pics.

FordFreak

Established Member
I want the 3 guage pillar pod.
I dont want the cheap "add-on" either.

There is no AWB coming up. The ban is going to sunset in 352 days. Well... I hope it will sunset. I was only in affect for 10 years. It has to be passed again for it to stay.

http://www.awbansunset.com

cdh027

Established Member
That's what I meant, I didnt want to get to far into it on this site, but I heard there was rising opposition in the left wing that may create a new awb even after this one sunsets.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Well, I installed the gauge pod from RPMoutlet.com Its an add on to the stock pillar but if you trim the lower portion of the stock pillar, you cant even tell that the top pillar is added on. I installed it all myself, so I made sure I installed everything perfect. Hopefully I will have some pictures up soon.

BBriBro

Established Member
Re: Center pod

Originally posted by SStupid
My favorite gauge pod is the one that goes up on top of the center of the dashboard. You just have to work up the balls to cut a big hole in your dashboard.
Here you go.

dash_pod.JPG

and plenty more pics HERE to help with your search.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To my knowledge no-one makes an A-pillar pod that replaces the stock one. If there is one I couldn't find it when I looked all over the Net last month. So I went with the AutoMeter pod and it looks fine. If I ever want to remove it I'll just buy another stock pod. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
just ordered the 3-guage a-piller along with boost/water temp/A:F autometer lunar gauges. haven't gotten around to installing them yet though.
[/url]
Nice gauges! I see you bought the A/F gauge. It's quite a light show. I saw one about a month ago. Post a pic when you get them installed. I "night" shot would be great if you can do it.
:)

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
Where did you get that 3 gauge a-pillar??
Is it for an 03 or 01? Cause they are different.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com

it's for an '03 cobra, i know they're different. i already lined it up with the current and it will fit perfectly. They charged me an extra $10 for color matching where i specifically said i needed "dark charcoal gray", but they sent me black. :( I'm gonna call them tomorrow and find out if this is the closest color. It doesn't look bad, but the contrast is noticeable.

Hoping to complete installs of the IRS brace, gauges, and maybe thermostat next saturday.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just checked my pod. It is a couple of shades darker than the stock cover. Not readily noticeable, but a color-matched pod would be nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread